What's new

My battery has died!

t111bul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex Tourer
Hi guys,

My wife went to start my car this morning and all it did was just about turn over once and then nothing!! The car has been quite sluggish to start for about three months so i have been execting it to die for a while. I bought one for £65 but when i got home i went to change the battery the poles are much smaller than on the old battery! I wouldn't of minded but the guy took my reg so he could get the right battery for my car. Has anyone else had this problem?

Tim

Thats frustrating to say the least.

I always tend to buy them online and I never trust reg number finders had problems in the past.

That is annoying Tim but to honest iv nether brought one yet for the Accord fingers crossed.

Pepster,

I had to get a battery pretty quick so i used the parts place where i work, i may be going down to Honda tomorrow if i have no luck with the parts place.

its quite normal most japanese stuff have smaller battery poles than standard batteries it just one of those things you have to watch when buying pattern stuff

Can't say that I've noticed, but our 7th gens do need summut with a little more poke.

Tim, if you can return it then do so and just get a proper Honda battery. The ICTDI needs quite a bit of crank to turn it over and the Honda batteries carry a 3 year warranty.

Hi all,

I went and exchanged the battery and have fitted it to my car and the car starts just fine. The battery does come with a three year warranty and i checked on lings and an original battery was also £65 so im pretty happy.