What's new

my car got vandalised last night :(

ericuk

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-ctdi exec
Stayed in aylesbury last night, woke up to leave and someone has broken the spoiler on my EX tourer, which has also broken the nozzle that sprays water onto the rear glass. :(

For the cost of a spoiler and the panel that holds the water jet, am I better off replacing out of my pocket or going through insurance?

;(

Man, this sucks!!! Someone left a burning cigarette on my tourer's spoiler once. So it's got a nice two inch long warped plastic burn. Why do people do this!

Is yours a 7th or 8th ten tourer? Mine's a 7th and the I looked into the spoiler replacement. It ain't cheap. A replacement spoiler which includes the light and water nozzle is about £600.

But you may be able to get one from a breaker's yard. How desperate are you to get it sorted. If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks, something might come up on eBay for a tenth of the price of a new one.

Sorry to hear this mate.
Some times it pays to not go through your insurance because it puts up your premium for a few years.
If you can sorce a second hand spoiler would be your cheapest option

thanks for the responses. Its an 07 tourer. I was all confused because the spoiler is broke, as is the nozzle, but if its one part, at least I am only replacing one thing!

Excess is £400 on my insurance so thats not even a tempting option because of the effect it will have on next years premium. what a pain in the backside!

I will see whats available 2nd hand and just wrap the broken bits in tape to secure it all for now.

some people are retarded and take no pleasure into seeing they cant own a decent motor with their pitiful life.!

This is why the laws of countries like Saudi Arabia make sense. I find this type of thing sickening.

ive found just the painted spolier without the brake light, brand new for £175. I think I've done quite well until I remember I already had a perfect one when I went to bed last night!!!

F6HAD said:
This is why the laws of countries like Saudi Arabia make sense. I find this type of thing sickening.
Totally agree mate if you get caught steeling you get you hand chopped off.
This would give these little ****s something to think about

I'd rather they got sent to work to pay for the damages. I would get it repaired at a Honda garage. They'd (criminals) have to work for weeks or probably months to pay off the Parts and Labor mwhahahaha! :)

does anyone have any guess as to how much it would cost to have one sprayed to match the colour of my car?

NONE of the parts places I've used have emailed with quotes!

Mate, wait and it will turn up on eBay, last time I saw was about £50, try the partsgateway.com
And replace yourself, don't pay awful lots if money to honda dealer...

well if you go to saudi arabia you could get hung for talking shoite in the streets with a few beers on ya.. god forbid if you relieve yourself.

that's providing you get a beer somewhere...!

so ya wana watch what you wish for. :p

Or, cheapest way is simply spent a bit if time, wrap this up into carbon fibre, mine are done this the it match the top and the bonnet though

toffee_pie said:
well if you go to saudi arabia you could get hung for talking shoite in the streets with a few beers on ya.. god forbid if you relieve yourself.

that's providing you get a beer somewhere...!

so ya wana watch what you wish for. :p
looks like a thread hijack here LOL

I nearly gave a like back, but slightly OTT dude. I've worked in Saudi, I used to drive from Riyadh to Dammam several times a week. There was a sheik that invited us to his house, amazing array of booze in his "drawing room". As ever, everywhere in the world, one rule for the rich, one for the poor.

What was said by the other Eric in #9 is appropriate

people damaging others cars are the worst kind of scum.

that's something we all can agree on.

they damage them because they probably steal for a living.

Car ownership is a thing of mutual trust. Most people have them and most people leave them parked on drive ways and on streets for prolonged periods of time where they can potentially be vandalised. The key thing is, if you don't want your stuff damaged, don't damage other people's stuff. Hopefully karma will act upon this and they culprits will have something precious of theirs damaged in some way as the universe seeks to recompense you. The only annoying thing is you'll never actually know. It makes me livid. My poor car is a state due to this. Cigarette burned plastic trim, dented bonnet from idiots running across my car, scuffs from undeclared parking scrapes and damage to paint where cigarettes have been flicked onto the bonnet too. In all, I've given up caring about the appearance of my car until I live somewhere with a driveway and/or garage. When this happens, I'll body shop my car for all little sinks and dents to be sorted, a full respray and then weekly polishing will ensue.

Stevearcade said:
until I live somewhere with a driveway and/or garage. When this happens, I'll body shop my car for all little sinks and dents to be sorted, a full respray and then weekly polishing will ensue.
you'd be better off buying a new or nearly-new car, like I did

Stevearcade said:
Car ownership is a thing of mutual trust. Most people have them and most people leave them parked on drive ways and on streets for prolonged periods of time where they can potentially be vandalised. The key thing is, if you don't want your stuff damaged, don't damage other people's stuff. Hopefully karma will act upon this and they culprits will have something precious of theirs damaged in some way as the universe seeks to recompense you. The only annoying thing is you'll never actually know. It makes me livid. My poor car is a state due to this. Cigarette burned plastic trim, dented bonnet from idiots running across my car, scuffs from undeclared parking scrapes and damage to paint where cigarettes have been flicked onto the bonnet too. In all, I've given up caring about the appearance of my car until I live somewhere with a driveway and/or garage. When this happens, I'll body shop my car for all little sinks and dents to be sorted, a full respray and then weekly polishing will ensue.

this is why i specifically asked for designated parking at my flat here in southampton, it was a lot of hassle (and cost) but i will hopefully avoid scum interacting with my car, there is no reason for filth to go messing around with other peoples motors.

Must admit I don't understand vandalism. Theft is easy to understand because it's a normal animal instinct ("steal" another animal's kill, or hidden food). Maybe vandalism also exists among animals, such as destruction of nests etc ?

But the vandalism that I witnessed (did not participate in) was rife among some members of the University Rugby Club, always after a big p1ss-up, usually fire extinguishers being let off or thrown through windows. Bizarre. One chap even let a powder extinguisher off over the fish-pond at Hall, and it killed all the fish.

Not sure about students in Aylesbury though.

they just don't care, parking on a street is a big gamble all across the uk, just put on them tv shows with people on the lash, they have scant regard for anything, so whether its **** heads or just pure scum, that 300quid heated, power folding mirror is the same value as the curry chip they just ate and the spoiler they quenched their *** on is the same value as the dutch gold they knocked back.

so i think car vandalism falls into a few groups

1) students who are pished and have no recollection of whether it was a corsa or a sl55 amg they kicked for the laugh

2) pure scum who just dont like this/that car and feel the need to key it or vandalise it

3) jealous scum who lash out on cars they know they cant own because they are not capable of doing so

Never lived in Saudi myself but the principle of punishment to both fit the crime and send a clear message to society and any other would offenders, is one I strongly believe in.

I also don't want this to turn into a thread hijack but the justice system in the UK although strong, is let down by a weak penal reform system.

Maybe we could start a new thread in the TA General Chat section.

It's a minefield though. For example, it is proven that death sentence does not deter murder, and so I would not be in favour. Same goes for any other form of corporal punishment.

I too think that our justice system is ludicrous, especialy compared with other north european countries. Quite often, either no recompense to victim, or, sentence not dissimilar to deportation as in 1800's for stealing an apple. Better than cutting off a hand though.

The point is, as Eric states in #24, there are various "motivations" for vandalism, some fairly innocuous (drunk and not aware of the cost) to downright sociopathic

While discussions around criminal damage and punishments are very relevant to this thread and equally interesting, I have a spoiler related question! :)

I've just seen an 04 tourer that has a different spoiler to my broken one. The top of theirs is completely flat, where as mine has almost 2 levels on the top. The level nearest to the front has the jet nozzle and the rear bit houses the light!

ericuk said:
I've just seen an 04 tourer that has a different spoiler to my broken one. The top of theirs is completely flat, where as mine has almost 2 levels on the top. The level nearest to the front has the jet nozzle and the rear bit houses the light!
I've just had a thought, was the 04 Tourer a diesel like yours, or was it the 2.0 petrol, or the 2.4 petrol. You can tell from the tailpipes.

Was it also the same shape as part 19 in that URL ?