What's new

my car got vandalised last night :(

The URL won't open on my phone for some reason. I will check the 04 for tail pipes. What am I looking for to differenciate from a diesel?

I knew this would happen - I waited all weekend for a response from about 4 different parts companies for a quote on a rear spoiler because the Ebay ones for £50 were not the same. I had nothing all weekend so last night I made payment for a BNIB one in the same colour as mine (which is handy). This morning I got a quote for £90 from 247spares. I don't know if it was the same style or colour but it's just typical of my luck!

On the brightside, I have a brand new spoiler on its way to me in the same colour.... Now it will make the car it's attached to look shabby!

if the BNIB was buy-it-now on ebay then normal distance selling rules apply so you can send it back (you only pay return postage).

how much was it btw ?

It was found on ebay but purchased away from ebay due to paypal account closure many moons ago. It was £175.

In hindsight I should have tried to chip the price down, but I was just relieved to find an exact replacement of mine.... He probably broke mine and popped the replacement on ebay lol

toffee_pie said:
well if you go to saudi arabia you could get hung for talking shoite in the streets with a few beers on ya.. god forbid if you relieve yourself.

that's providing you get a beer somewhere...!

so ya wana watch what you wish for. :p
sounds good to me, would be glad to see the back of alcohol, and all the drunk b******d that pile up round here and leave a mess and vandalise everything.

Yeah I stopped drinking about 15 years ago as I can't see the point of it :blink:

But, the following story really was told to me, and the chap telling me really did believe it to be true.

A Saudi Engineer (let's cal him W) told me that his neighbour (M) bought a brand new BMW. A few months later it would not start, so BMW came out and they could not start it, so they trailored it back to the workshop, where it started and diagnostics showed nothing. This kept on happening for several weeks, until the owner (M) began to realise that another neighbour (S) had succeeded in putting a spell on the car. Neighbour (S) was unhappy about some business transaction that had gone wrong, and neighbour (S) had said that if he didn't get his money back (from M) then he (S) would curse the new BMW (belonging to M). So neighbour (M) confronted neighbour (S) about it, and he (S) said that he would try to retract his curse, but to no avail. So they went to the Imam and he came out to bless the car, after which it was ok (I didn't push for details of how soon afterwards that the car was ok).

Anyway I suppose that vandalism comes in many guises :eek:

^ He should have been lashed for drinking and being drunk :lol:

Only sheikhs have access to alcohol, otherwise it's milk shakes.
Went to a Roman toga party at the US embassy, should point out that the US embassy in Riyadh is a maaaassive compound on the outskirts, inside the walls it was like being in Texas. Not being a drinker, I was taxi driver to take shuffle everyone from our compound to the US embassy and back. More fun than drinking actually. Wish I'd stayed longer. Flew out to the empty quarter, amazing place that was.

Not surprising really, all the rich arab shiekhs and royal family live 'decadent' lifestyles, contrary to the upright religious image they like to portray themselves as.

exec said:
Not surprising really, all the rich arab shiekhs and royal family live 'decadent' lifestyles, contrary to the upright religious image they like to portray themselves as.

Like all things, there's a multi-dimensional spectrum

(not to be confused with the ZX spectrum)

got a spectrum at home, boxed and all

48k of ram..

how times have changed.

spectrums were at a time when katie price was still an unknown entity, celebs was an unknown word and driving into london was possible in less than an hour.

I had an Acorn Atom that I chucked in the bin about 8 years ago, and now I miss it, and they sell for a lot of dosh on ebay

sorry Eric (the OP) if this is going in wrong direction, but hey it's less controversial LOL

I'll always turn a blind eye to off-topic chat if it's about retro video gaming ;)

off topic is good...

my friend from skool had one of these,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8bJvL9F57o

no idea why he got one

to be 'different' i guess

i think he was chuffed until about a month later he realised he could get no software for it

uggh

wow I never heard of that !!!

I just found it in wikipedia, it had the Z80 processor, based on the Intel 8085, but created by ex-employees of Intel who founded Zilog when they wanted to extend the instruction set of the 8085 by using un-used bytes to create a mega set of "double byte" instructions.

I used to write ***embler code for both the 8085 and 6502, but never the Z80. The 6502 was a much simpler chip than the 8085, but its addressing modes made it far better. I loved programming in 6502 machine-code. I "hacked" a space invaders game on the Atom so that it went on forever ....infinite lives basically. All the tapes went in the bin with the Atom ....why oh why did I chuck it all ???

Hi, just an update. The replacement bumper was the correct size and colour. I fitted it with help at the weekend and am much relieved to have it all mended. Now I hope no more idiots decide to use my car as a punch bag. In other news, a whole cup of black coffee went over in the foot well. Gutted. Silly Starbucks mug didn't put the lid on correctly :(

ericuk said:
It was found on ebay but purchased away from ebay due to paypal account closure many moons ago. It was £175.

In hindsight I should have tried to chip the price down, but I was just relieved to find an exact replacement of mine.... He probably broke mine and popped the replacement on ebay lol
I guess it turned out to be an expensive night out in Aylesbury :mad:

Now you need to fit the car with CCTV, go back to Aylesbury, and hope he does it again :blink:

ericuk said:
Hi, just an update. The replacement bumper was the correct size and colour. I fitted it with help at the weekend and am much relieved to have it all mended. Now I hope no more idiots decide to use my car as a punch bag. In other news, a whole cup of black coffee went over in the foot well. Gutted. Silly Starbucks mug didn't put the lid on correctly :(
Excellent job by the sounds of it. B)

If you still have the broken one, would be interesting to see a pic

If the carpets weren't black, they are now :eek: