What's new

My Daily Driver - Accord I-CTDI

DamonT

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 Accord Diesel
Hi All,

Finally sorted out my Photobucket account out, so thought I'd make a little project thread.

This is how the car looks at the moment:

pretty bland to be honest, I HATE the wheels, but since my last daily driver a was money pit, I can't afford to replace them just yet.

Quite a small To Do List as I'm going to concentrate on my Weekend Toy.

To Do List:

New wheels - Undecided whether to go 18 or 19 inch
Tinted back three windows
Tinted brake lights
Mugen Front Grille
LED Lights all round
Maybe a Xenon Kit
The spoiler that came on some of the sport models I think

and thats about it.

Already got my LED lights delivered, just waiting on the Festoon lights for the reading lights.

Only managed to change the door card lights:
Before:

Pardon my fingers :/

After:

I can't seem to get the reg plate housings out of the gap they're in, they seem too big for the gap...

Does anyone have any tips on how to get these damn things out!

I've done loads of reg plate LED conversions on my previous cars, but these are a nightmare to get out, the silver trim around the edges of the bulb housing seem too small, so I can only get half of them out, then the other half seem stuck... I don't want to force them out as I don't want to break them.

Welcome to TA

for the rear number plate lights you need to remove the whole plastic painted panel that covers the two lights. It just clips off, but be careful not to chip it.

Or do it from the inside mate take the boot carpet cover of be careful not to rip it and from what I remember there's 2 bolts holding a metal plate in the boot skin take that of and clips but again be careful it's a bit Fiddly but it can be done [emoji106] hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you F6HAD!

Great! Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try that today :)

Don't forget to at least add some springs to the list to close the Grand Canyon between the arches and the wheels or the car will look like it's on stilts ! From others feedback I'd go no bigger than 18's if this is a daily driver the lower the profile the worse the ride (and tram lining)

Just a push in 501

Andyjdmteg said:
Don't forget to at least add some springs to the list to close the Grand Canyon between the arches and the wheels or the car will look like it's on stilts ! From others feedback I'd go no bigger than 18's if this is a daily driver the lower the profile the worse the ride (and tram lining)
Unfortunately mate, I don't think I'll be lowering this car, I agree with you on the wheel arch gap though, looks horrid, but I'm gonna keep the car fully usable, my main car is lowered and I can't get over certain speed bumps haha
Yeah I'll probably stick with 18's, I'm not too bothered about the ride quality, I've had low profile tyres pretty much on every car I've had, so I don't really know any different lol,

Rex180_0 said:
What was the bulb number on the ones for the door card?me likes
Yeah, what F6HAD said mate, I got mine from eBay, theres loads of different ones, most of them really cheap.

also, thanks F6HAD for telling me about that plastic trim for the reg plate holders, got it sorted :)

Before:

After:

I've also booked it in for a Full Service, new Water pump, Aux Belt and the Aircon Regassed :)

Small update

My Festoon bulbs arrived today, so on my Lunch hour I fitted them :)

Love the difference, LEDs should come as standard!

I've also got some cree LEDs for the sidelights, I looked at a guide on how to change them, but I still think its close to impossible!

any easy way to either get the headlight unit out, or how to change the sidelights?

Thanks

I must have missed the bulb housing then, I did pull back the arch liner, but couldn't see where the bulb was, I could only see part of the cars frame :/

I'll try again at some point after work.

Have replaced side lights a few times you need to get your hand under wing cover and feel for wiring connection follow to bulb quater turn to release and pull out.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Front sidelight bulbs are pain in the backside!

Nice car btw :)

Burbleboy said:
Front sidelight bulbs are pain in the backside!

Nice car btw :)
Tell me about it! I still haven't got round to trying again haha,

Very small update.

Had the car booked in on Saturday for a Full Service, new Aux Belt and Water Pump and the Air Con regassed, unfortunately the kit that he ordered, had the wrong fitment for the fuel filter and the Aux Belt that turned up was for a non-aircon model, and was too short, PLUS... while regassing my air con, the mechanic discovered some wiring has been pulled out / damaged, so... I have fresh gas but can't use it :/

So the car is going back up to the garage this Saturday to get the Aux Belt, Fuel Filter done and the Air Con investigated.

I'm sure the updated aux belt is actually shorter and requires a different route around the pulleys. The original setup is known to prematurely wear the alternator

ahh right, well thats what I was told mate.

This is my first ever Honda so I have to learn from scratch haha, I've mostly had Fords.

Another update.

Car was dropped off at the garage to have its fuel filter and aux belt replaced, and he was investigating why my aircon wasn't working despite having it re-gassed.

Yesterday I had another look at changing the Sidelights... And I'm kicking myself because when I spotted the housing... I changed the bulb and put it all back within about 2 minutes..

Before

After

So much better!!

my aircon wasnt working regassed and everything. i had to change the aircon pump got second hand one and works perfect

ahhh right, apparently the Air Conditioning Relay is a very common fault on Hondas, moisture gets in and burns them out so I'm going to try with one of those when I get paid and see how that goes mate.

Small update,

Weather has been nice this weekend, so I gave the car a good clean out and snow foamed it, come up lovely!

Also decided to de-badge the rear to give it a cleaner look, I also painted the Honda badge black. :)

Before:

After:

I think it looks much better!

Next thing is I'm going to replace the reg plates as they look scruffy, faded and scratched, going to stick them on rather than screw them on, keep it clean!

Not much of an update, but I've been playing on Photoshop today, and thought I'd put a few things from my To Do List into a new photo to see how it would look.

I can't wait to get my car finished! as I love how its going to look! (obviously the tint won't be as dark as in the photo, but you get the idea)

Looks very nice in concept. Im two weeks into my 56 plate 2.2 and loving it, the bulb changes and window tints are on the list with a possible respray of the stock alloys till I can sort something else.
Look forward to the progression on yours.