What's new

Need some HID lighting Advice pls

Adiaz

Reaction score
Car
03 Accord 2.0 sport
Hi can someone please advise me on HID lighting for my accord 03? What brands are recomended and if I want to get a bright white light do I go for 5000K or 6000K?
Is installing the HID's stright forward or do I need to know anything before hand? thanks...

I got my HIDs from ebay for £30ish been installed last 2 years no problems at all, Ive went for 6k.

Same here, eBay jobbie - been in over 2 years, only replaced the bulbs earlier this year as one cracked when it was extremely cold in the winter.

For the 7th gen Accord you need a H1 fitment.

Remember that the rating represents the colour temperature according to the Kelvin scale. For the purposes of simplicity, you have 3 main options.

4300k is more like OEM HID colour (the most usable light with a hint of yellow)
6000k is more white with a hint of blue and has excellent light output too
8000k is more blue than white and has good light output

Retro fitting HID's is technically illegal unless your car has headlight washers AND self leveling headlights.

However there is plenty of evidence to sugges it won't fail an MoT (unless your beam is all over the place).

If you have a 7th gen then you have projector lamps which are much better for HID - you get the OEM look and good beam dispersion.

If you have a 6th gen or older then you have reflector lenses and these can sometimes cause glare when a HID kit is fitted to them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks alot guys for the info. I think that I will be going for the 6K look. Ive just noticed that I have the headlight misting problem..would you advise me to get this problem sorted out before installing HID's?
Thanks

Thanks for that CJ. Another thing that is confusing me is that on websites it says the light bulb fitting for the dipped beam is HB4/9006 and not H1. Are there different types of bulbs for diesels and petrol? mine is a 2.0 petrol...thanks

Thanks for that CJ. Another thing that is confusing me is that on websites it says the light bulb fitting for the dipped beam is HB4/9006 and not H1. Are there different types of bulbs for diesels and petrol? mine is a 2.0 petrol...thanks

Hello

No the bulbs should the same. Providing you have a 7th gen Accord then you will just need the H1 bulb to replace the dipped headlights. The high beams remain the same.

Hope that helps

Also I got mine from Ebay, they came with a 2 year warranty and have had no problems what so ever.

Hi guys, excuse my ignorrance ,but when fitting an hid kit do you have to chop any of the original wiring in the car ie to accomodate the ballasts ;)

No splicing is required at all, you simply connect the spade connectors to the HID wires, when you look at it all will be clear.

Have a look at the DIY CJ did for a professional install, or if you want a simply option you can use a 25mm hole saw to create a hole in the covering caps. This enables the wires to come out to the ballasts which is then sealed with a gromet supplied with the HID kit.

Its such an easy mod to do but a very worthwhile on IMO.

You should manage it ok. I did it unassisted, and I'm an idiot, lol

Yeah 6000k best of both worlds, To begin with the bulbs use shed load of power whilst warming up, then during running they actually use less.

For me with the reflector style headlights mine is not very glarey for other cars on the road, however I do get flashed occasionally by truckers, suggesting there must be a ray of light beaming up at their eye level.

Also for me I had to run a relay harness so that the lights didnt flicker on sidelight setting. But thats car specific only.

No splicing is required at all, you simply connect the spade connectors to the HID wires, when you look at it all will be clear.

Have a look at the DIY CJ did for a professional install, or if you want a simply option you can use a 25mm hole saw to create a hole in the covering caps. This enables the wires to come out to the ballasts which is then sealed with a gromet supplied with the HID kit.

Its such an easy mod to do but a very worthwhile on IMO.
hi m8 i have got my hid kit but just dont wanna make holes in the caps and dont know where to mount ballasts so if you can provide me the link for the diy which cj have done that wil be appreciated ....
thanks

hi m8 i have got my hid kit but just dont wanna make holes in the caps and dont know where to mount ballasts so if you can provide me the link for the diy which cj have done that wil be appreciated ....
thanks

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

There are two of you on the forum.

lol guys so there is another Fahad well i hope it will be ok anyways anybody wanna help i have managed to fit them in but now only have got one issue which is really ****ing me off that my left side light is higher than right tried through the leveller but didnt worked please i really need help on this ......thanks

You need to make sure everything is correctly seated in the housing. If you have not removed your headlights the aim should not have moved.

Best thing to do it remove the back caps and check Tharp bulbs are sitting correctly. If they are, take the car to an MOT garage and get then to 're align' your lights.

The left light should be aiming just a bit higher than the right when they are shone against a wall

You need to make sure everything is correctly seated in the housing. If you have not removed your headlights the aim should not have moved.

Best thing to do it remove the back caps and check Tharp bulbs are sitting correctly. If they are, take the car to an MOT garage and get then to 're align' your lights.

The left light should be aiming just a bit higher than the right when they are shone against a wall
thanks very much m8 for your help i managed to sort it out
now the only question i have is that i didnt made holes in the back caps and forced them to close they are closed now but there is a light gap in them so will it gonna damage anything or will it gonna let the moisture get in .....
thanks

you will be get in moisture and dust in to the lamp, I have made holes in my covers and everthing looks nice and tidy ;)
zdjcie3ug.jpg

another tip would be to duct tape around the rubber seal on top of the cap and inside,just to make sure its 100 percent air tight to keep as much moister out as possible...

Which ebay sellers have you guys used? I'm looking to replace my bulbs soon.
Im using these and have been very good indeed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-HID-Conversion-KIT-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-HB3-HB4-9006-/330379335700?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cec249814