What's new

Possible upgrade for diesel non satnav cars?

rs10cus

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 diesel saloon
I know its been a repeated topic but the search for a satnav upgrade for the diesel gen 7 is still on going right? Check this link and tell me what you think. Im itching to buy. I emailed the guy and he ***ures me it works with the diesel and he would upload the euro maps too.
http://www.oemcargps.com/7th-gen-honda-accord-dvd-gps-navigation-p-751.html
upgrade for a non satnav car btw

^ this!

Won't work on the diesel anyway. The climate controls are different between the two engine types (not sure why)

Someone somewhere tried to retrofit a Sat Nav from a petrol to a diesel and the connections, etc are different.

Won't work on the diesel anyway. The climate controls are different between the two engine types (not sure why)

Someone somewhere tried to retrofit a Sat Nav from a petrol to a diesel and the connections, etc are different.

Friend of mine placed a petrol satnav on his 2003 diesel and it's more then a day work to fix all cables and connections. Not an easy job imo

Most modern mobile phones or off the shelf sat nav will do a better job.
Before buying my previous Accord I liked the idea of having Satnav built in so no wires everywhere, but once I had it I found it was dated, and I didn't like using the touch screen for radio, heating and satnav. Quite distracting when driving whereas proper buttons give you a more tactile feedback so you don't need to look at them so much.
I must say though that the satnav in my facelift model seems much better and I don't need to take my eyes off the road as much.

Friend of mine placed a petrol satnav on his 2003 diesel and it's more then a day work to fix all cables and connections. Not an easy job imo
AAhhh, so it can be done then? Albeit time consuming but a good auto electrician should be able to sort it right???

I have asked that specific question and the guy said it does, maybe I will phone them to make sure

Most modern mobile phones or off the shelf sat nav will do a better job.
Before buying my previous Accord I liked the idea of having Satnav built in so no wires everywhere, but once I had it I found it was dated, and I didn't like using the touch screen for radio, heating and satnav. Quite distracting when driving whereas proper buttons give you a more tactile feedback so you don't need to look at them so much.
I must say though that the satnav in my facelift model seems much better and I don't need to take my eyes off the road as much.
I do desperately want the integrated look though. Isnt there a diesel model with satnav that I could use as a donor? Im new to the Honda btw only go it at weekend. Hence the daft question lol

If it's a pre facelift then I'm sure plenty are at the age now where they are being broken for spares etc, keep your eyes on Ebay if it's what you really want.

AAhhh, so it can be done then? Albeit time consuming but a good auto electrician should be able to sort it right???

friend of his works in a Honda garage, and he helped him. So with enough knowledge and skill you can get it sorted ;)

Just a thought for anyone that is thinking of this... The above posted GPS (maybe only for reference) Is on ebay for £218 delivered where that website is charging £383!! :eek:

I am waiting on it being delivered. Then going to port the tomtom mapping software to it rather than the muck it comes with.

Just a thought for anyone that is thinking of this... The above posted GPS (maybe only for reference) Is on ebay for £218 delivered where that website is charging £383!! :eek:

I am waiting on it being delivered. Then going to port the tomtom mapping software to it rather than the muck it comes with.

Does it manage the climate control as well?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Car-DVD-GPS-Navigation-iPod-BT-for-7th-Honda-Accord-4GB-AU-Asia-Africa-Map-/370972105412?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item565fa91ac4

wow!! Really? Can you send me the item number bud please. Ah got the link at the bottom cheers. So how do I get this tom tom software? And will it be in an sd card like the Africa maps?

wow!! Really? Can you send me the item number bud please. Ah got the link at the bottom cheers. So how do I get this tom tom software? And will it be in an sd card like the Africa maps?

You can get a windows 5CE version of tomtom from torrent. That will run on the head unit.

I had it running on an s****y xtrons system in my last motor.

When the unit arrives I will post a small guide on getting it up and running.

well ive found one from an 04 plate diesel, is it just a case of taking my non sat nav system out and placing the sat nav in? Are there connections and harness ready in the dash? or do I need further mods

Carl H said:
I've got a facelift Accord EX diesel, and the satnav unit in my car doesn't look like that one.
thats good then Carl cos mines a prefacelift so it should fit mine. HOPEFULLY lol

Carl H said:
I've got a facelift Accord EX diesel, and the satnav unit in my car doesn't look like that one.
ah you are on about the original post. I think I'm gonna pass on that one cos there is no guarantee I will be able to get it fitted. I need a friend at honda

The one in the original post, and the one in the ebay link - neither are like the one in my car.

Carl H said:
It is not an OEM device... the one in the above link.

Yeah cheers guys cross wires there. I know the original post is after market. But since I have found one on eBay eom from an 04 plate diesel and just wondered if it's a straight swap for my diesels non sat nav unit?

rs10cus said:
Yeah cheers guys cross wires there. I know the original post is after market. But since I have found one on eBay eom from an 04 plate diesel and just wondered if it's a straight swap for my diesels non sat nav unit?
No it is a differnt wiring loom altogether..

They have been fitted, but it is a decent amount of work by someone that is very knowledgeable with auto electrics.