What's new

Price for a fog lamp

exec

Members
Reaction score
Car
'99 2.0 SE Exec
My front passenger side fog lamp had a crack on it when I bought the car and now it has a hole so need a replacement. Everyone on ebay selling the part from a breaking car want £30 for it, is this reasonable price? Seems abit too much, but maybe that the going rate, is there no way to just change the glass cover rather then the whole unit?

IIRC, both the facelift and pre-facelift lamps are sealed and clipped in a similiar way to the headlights. You can split the headlights by heating up the sealer and prising them apart so you may be able to do the same with the fogs, but then you have the fun of finding a glass piece.

Would just buy the lamp if I was you...Less hassle!

ahh damn, was hoping they would be clipped or screwed onto the unit. Is £30 reasonable for a 2nd hand whole unit? don't want to get mugged. <_<

About £100 new for the whole unit from Honda, so £30 is a good price. Get some clear 3M automotive adhesive film off ebay and stick that on, stops damage from chips.

ahh damn, was hoping they would be clipped or screwed onto the unit. Is £30 reasonable for a 2nd hand whole unit? don't want to get mugged. <_<
Have you tried somewhere like www.find-a-part.com/. You put in the details of your car with the part you need, then breakers all over the country who have the part give you a ring with their price. That's the way I got a fog light some time ago. It came with the backing bracket attached so was an easy fit. Just needed a special drill bit to get the rusted screw out to take the plastic surround off first. I seem to remember that it was about the price you have been quoted though. You never know, you might get a cheaper quote.

^ ooh that looks like a really good site, will give that a go, failing that will just buy it of of ebay for £30 then.

About £100 new for the whole unit from Honda, so £30 is a good price. Get some clear 3M automotive adhesive film off ebay and stick that on, stops damage from chips.

I actually bought some transparent vynyl as a temp fix to protect the fog lamps but never put it on, but your idea is better, so will save it instead to cover up the good fog lamps!

anyone know if the fog lights from the facelifted accord fits the pre facelift? the bumpers are different and the fog light section looks different.

Yeah they wont fit mate. Might be able to make them fit but it would look silly.

Ah sucks, no luck sourcing one, my fault for not buying one when it was available!

Ah sucks, no luck sourcing one, my fault for not buying one when it was available!

Hi, I don't know if you still require the fog lamp but there's one on ebay and it's the correct side and new starting at 0.99p.
The number is 181217212376.
Hope this helps,
Pete.

Have tried to PM you but it won't send it, comes up with an error message :( .

Hi, I don't know if you still require the fog lamp but there's one on ebay and it's the correct side and new starting at 0.99p.
The number is 181217212376.
Hope this helps,
Pete.

Have tried to PM you but it won't send it, comes up with an error message :( .

Nice one man, thats a fantastic find B) big thanks for finding that and posting here :) I've messaged the ebay user, don't think he'll take the offer i'm hoping for though since its a new item, but lets see,

by the way i got your PM's, about seven of them to be precise :lol: i think the forum has a few issues at the moment when posting stuff. thanks again man.

by the way i got your PM's, about seven of them to be precise :lol: i think the forum has a few issues at the moment when posting stuff. thanks again man.

That's no problem, helping others is what this site is all about :) .

Sorry about all the PMs, didn't realize they were being sent but at least I know it's working :lol: .

Regards,
Pete :) .

Yep indeed, great community here. B) No problem with the PM's. :D

Asked the seller if he would accept offers but he wants to see through the auction, so no chance of me winning it then since I always lose on auctions! :D :(

Hopefully no one else will see it or want one at this time so you may be lucky, just think on the bright side :) .

Someones already bid for it and started a bidding war. :( But am gonna fight for this one!

Just to add there is currently an issue with the PM system. The Admin team are working on fixing it though.

Someones already bid for it and started a bidding war. :( But am gonna fight for this one!

I did find a pair on ebay for sale but both had broken lenses which seems a pretty pointless sale to me lol.

I did find a pair on ebay for sale but both had broken lenses which seems a pretty pointless sale to me lol.

lol yeh I think i saw that one the type R ones.

I won the auction by the way so finally got me hands on some fog lights for a great price :D might stick the old on ebay. Thanks again Pete for alerting me to it! :)

lol yeh I think i saw that one the type R ones.

I won the auction by the way so finally got me hands on some fog lights for a great price :D might stick the old on ebay. Thanks again Pete for alerting me to it! :)

Glad to here you got it :) .