What's new

Project Rehab- Update Honda 2006 Ictdi

wahabishtiaq

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2006
Hi,

Had been working on my accord from last 9 months. Had slow progress due to various commitments with family and work. Also living in a flat makes it really hard to work DIY so do most of then at my friends drive way ;)

Some pics will be coming soon...

Passed MOT with not advisory statement. Recent jobs completed;
Drop links HD myele x4 with front and rear d bushes
PSF fully drained and changed (Steering is much more smoother now....was painful to change though)
Full body clay, wash, polish and PPTE wax
Windscreen replaced ( Had lots of stone chips)
New belt changed to new scheme ( New belt tensioner)
Fuel filter changed to genuine honda
tyres breakdisc, pads all changed
new battery
Transmission oil changed

Upcoming jobs,

Rims to be reconditioned ( Any advise or recommendation for quality but reasonable prices)
rear fog tnot working
Full interior valet with leather conditioning
Full engine bay clean and conditioning
EGR and Inlet manifold decoke
HID mod
Sealing of headlamps with silicon before winter.

Car drives lovely, smooth as butter. Really love it, it is sense of pride for me. Car was kept in good condition by previous owner as well. I am servicing it every 5k miles. 80% use on motorway to work.

Only issue is pain on body bonnet is chipped heavily due to drive. Considering getting a full bonnet paint done at some point next year (finance permitting)

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Nice work pal and do keep a photo log. Looking at the pictures it looks to be a good one.

My mate had an issue with rear fog, electrician sources it to a broken wire somewhere.

Wheels wise try to go same colour and powder coat of possible.

That looks great mate.

Tidy

TypeR said:
Nice work pal and do keep a photo log. Looking at the pictures it looks to be a good one.

My mate had an issue with rear fog, electrician sources it to a broken wire somewhere.

Wheels wise try to go same colour and powder coat of possible.
Thank you very much. Finding the wire is a hell i ***ume. any diagram or flow chart to follow.

Wheels definitely powder coated. any idea what will be the cost per wheel.... don't want to get ripped.

Stevearcade said:
Thanks steve. Going to do a full deep clean inside. Did engine bay clean and condition today will post pics later on.

Inside is not that bad as only front 2 seats were used by previous owner so rear are in mind condition. However leather needs a good conditioner. My foot carpet genuine has a hole due to heal of boot because of excessive use. Want to buy new genuine but only sold in set which is way too expensive.

wahabishtiaq said:
New belt changed to new scheme ( New belt tensioner)
i thought that it was done only on the prefacelift

Looking great dude.
Looks lovely in the pics, definitely shows your dedication in looking after her.

Check this place out for wheel refurbishing in Fluanden. Pretty close to you as your only in Hemel.
used this place for a few wheel refurbs and an alloy wheel striaghtening. My brother has used them recently too.
http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/

dejv said:
i thought that it was done only on the prefacelift
Dave in service history from previous owner the belt last was changed by Honda glasgow in 2010 to original spec i.e with idler pulley. Since then it was not touched until 2015 which was done by myself. I took car for regular service and maintenance check when i bought car to Brayley Honda and straight away they advised to change Aux belt (New layout ) and they were asking £150 + VAT.

accord_n22 said:
Looking great dude.
Looks lovely in the pics, definitely shows your dedication in looking after her.

Check this place out for wheel refurbishing in Fluanden. Pretty close to you as your only in Hemel.
used this place for a few wheel refurbs and an alloy wheel striaghtening. My brother has used them recently too.
http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/
Thanks Alex.

Yeah trying to do as much as i can. Getting there.... lol this forum and the wise people on this forum encouraged me massively. And i am well pleased....

Feels like the right thing for me had been waiting for this from last 3 yrs....