What's new

Push button start

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Any one considered push button start set up like the civic?

Tempted to give it a go and place the button on the silver plastic trim under the right hand air vent. Just trying to find a quality button.

Also anyone know the wiring pin outputs from the ignition barrel? if not ill get the shop manual loaded up and print one off.

Jav has done the best one of these so far, but I think the info was lost on the old site... Perhaps he still has it on his home PC. I think you still needed the key in the ignition because of the immobiliser. There is probably a way around that, but would it really be worth it?

Jav has done the best one of these so far, but I think the info was lost on the old site... Perhaps he still has it on his home PC. I think you still needed the key in the ignition because of the immobiliser. There is probably a way around that, but would it really be worth it?

Want to keep the key action for the ignition on, dont want to lose the honda security. My wife has a civic and you need the key in that to turn the ignition on but then a button to start, just adds a bit of electrical bling for the car. B)

I have this fitted, button is from a S2000 and you need a 50A relay and quite a bit of wiring lol, I will upload pics, I fitted it in the ashtray... dont smoke so no use of the lighter

Hey Jav,

I installed a start button a week or so ago however to to happy with the quality of the button so looking for another before i upload pictures. I actually installed mine in the plastic trim to the right of the steering wheel just under the air vent, nice and easy to do.

got me a new push button..... going to get this on the car tomorrow and see how it looks. I'll get some pictures on!

got me a new push button..... going to get this on the car tomorrow and see how it looks. I'll get some pictures on!

New start button finished....... didnt get a chance to do a full DIY review as it started to rain i wanted to get wrapped up pretty quick!

IMG01068-20111008-1727.jpg

IMG01069-20111008-1728.jpg

IMG01070-20111008-1728.jpg

IMG01071-20111008-1731.jpg

Nice... did you have your eyes closed when you started the drill :lol:

Looks good James you will have to PM me the details on how to do :)

Looks like it came out of the factory with that there! Nice job mate.

Cheers for the nice comments guys....... i did get squeeky *** about drilling the hole but its not to bad!

I also had a chat with honda and that bit of plastic trim would set you back £35 + VAT so not to bad if all goes wrong. Drilling behind the plastic was fairly easy just mind the wiring looms.

Ive kept the ket start but you could disconnect the final start with the key and make it button only, but with anything electronic i like to have a backup plan. Next job is to make those mirrors fold in...... ive done it on the wifes civic so i need to review the wiring ga's for the car.

The button i used for this buy the way was from ebay... I havent wired up the light yet but plan to run it from the foot well illumination so i can dim the button.

My link

I also had a chat with Honda and that bit of plastic trim would set you back £35 + VAT so not to bad if all goes wrong

:lol: I love the fact you checked
thumbup2.gif

Just looks like a back-lit arcade button to me ;). If I was to do this, I'd have HID lights fitted and therefore have a blank button panel where the headlight angle button is on yours. Then I'd fit an engine start button in that empty button slot. Therefore it would fit seamlessly alongside the others, look factory perfect. I'd get it made up to be bright red and have "ENGINE START" written on it. Subtle, in keeping with the rest of the dashboard, but still bling.

Works well in my bm but its a wireless key so you only need the starter button to start and stop the engine.

I agree it doesn't work when you have to use a key and a button, what's the point

I belive Jav has fitted to his car currently, i think hes removed his ciggarette lighter and installed it there

Well, can someone show how the wiring should be made for 7th gen? At least where is the ignition harness and what colour cable for it's used? I want po put one of these engine start buttons but I want to see where the cables from the ignition key goes.
Cheers!