What's new

Rear ABS sensor

stonking

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Exc
Hi, Are Honda the only people who sell the rear sensor for the Accord. I have tried my favorite parts people but they say Honda only.

Regards

Stephen

You can locate them from the USA.
Put abs sencor in the custom search button and there are some links on this.

eurocarparts.co.uk - use discount codes games20, games25 or games30 depending how much you spend.

or carparts4less.co.uk - which is ECP, but can be cheaper.

If you buy one from the USA, you need to search for an Acura TSX sensor as the Accord is different over there.

If you buy one from the USA, you need to search for an Acura TSX sensor as the Accord is different over there.
Eurocarparts were the chaps who told me to go to Honda, and the other chaps are out of stock. As for the American ones, well I have one of those and it does not fit, its wider. I really need this if I want to pass my MOT. I have drilled the old one out and am now just sealing it it so that I can drive the car.

The Acura TSX definitely fits, I used one myself and so have many others. The USA Accord is different.

The Acura TSX definitely fits, I used one myself and so have many others. The USA Accord is different.

Faddy I'm having sudden last minute gremlins on SPUTNIK(I). A few weeks back it wouldn't start after running warm on a journey, but I've since stripped & cleaned the cam sensor and it now seems fine, i.e. no matter how many times after warm or cold, it starts...

I got it MOT'd earlier this week , it just needed some drop links, but since then another niggle has popped up :-( . For a short period last year ( after a beach drive at Southport ), I had the dreaded VSA 3 lights pop up.
I bought a USA TSX RR sensor but shortly before it turned up in the post, the lights went off so I never did the job. I'm well peeved as I got the car back with a 12 month ticket and the VSA lights have popped back up.
So tonight I've been on the drive trying to fetch out the old sensor and ...as with yours the thing is now snapped with the probe stem wedged inside.

Before I get the drill out, I'd like to know 'how' you managed to drill yours out a fews ago? i.e. did you leave the disc & caliper on, or did you strip it all away. Clearly I'm frightened of popping a drill through onto the ABS cog-ring.

Can you expand on how you managed to fish out the broken stem?? Cheers :)

Take a drill bit that is as close a match to the diameter of the sensor so when you drill you are getting a perfect and clean drill hole.

Mark the exact length of the sensor body against the drill bit (i used a bit of insulation tape) to indicate how deep you should drill, that way you don't drill too far in.

Make a small pilot hole first using a thin drill bit inside the broken old sensor.. and then just be careful and gentle and don't drill too far. I left everything on, and actually used a vaccum cleaner against the hole and spun the hub a few times to try and suck any rubbish back up.

Maybe I got lucky, but this technique worked fine for me.

just replaced my rear ABS sensor which was a B!*$CH had to drill it out.
I fould some on EBAY from Poland sent the guy my car vin number to see if the part matches.
Got it sent out within 2 days. ABS light went out straight away.
Need to get the new sensor ***igned now as the VSA and ! light are still on.

Still went through the fault codes with a mate and there is no ABS fault anymore.

So the part is good :lol:

Hurra.

I took the whole ***embly apart so i could see the sensor end the reads off the wheel bearing.
You dont want any debree left in there.
Took me a couple of hours but it paid off.

You are probably getting error 84-1 which means the VSA system needs neautralising.

I did this just yesterday for another member on his Type S. You can't do it with any other tool except the HDS... Even if there are no further errors for an ABS sensor, the fact that the VSA light is on means the system is deactivated, and this year that is now an MOT failure.

WSM is a bit of a trek from Halifax but I'm down in Newbury most weeks so you could get up from there if you wanted to use my diagnostic services.

Just started on mine , struggling to get a drill & bit combo short enough to drill without fouling on the rear arch :-(

I've piloted a hole and then incremented up in drill size a few mil at a time. There's ~ 1mm of sensor wall thickness left but I can't get a drill in now. Stopping for a brew & some grub then need to get my thinking cap on.....