What's new

refurn type s gear knob

v6dex

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type-S
Hi, I was wondering if the brushed steel gear knob in the type s are something that can be refurbished or do I just need to replace it? I was quoted £75 from Honda Belfast.

I'm also looking to get mine refurbished. Just came across this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Refurbishment-Service-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Ep3-Gear-Knob-Jdm-Ukdm-Dc5-/251262020363?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a80622b0b

The knobs are identical to these in the civic type r (EP3)....and there are a couple of blokes on the civic type r forum that used to offer a refurb service for £10-15. A google search should bring those up. Or the eBay link above is probably not a bad shout either.

Guys iv refurbished the civic vtis gear knob myself...its very easy if you have a drill..if you guys need further help let me know bud trust me its extremely simple...

Here is my diy thread guys...it shows brushed and chrome finish...

typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4879-vti-s-gear-knob/page__p__57654__hl__vti-s+gear+knob__fromsearch__1#entry57654

THATS GREAT, DIDNT REALISE THIS POSTED THE OTHER DAY SO I ACCIDENTLY ASKED AGAIN TODAY. CHECKED OUT THE GUY ON EBAY AND SENT HIM A PIC, THINKS HE CAN SORT IT OUT BUT NOTHING TO REPLACE MINE WITH WHILE ITS AWAY GETTING DONE :unsure: ASMMUME ITS PROBABLY GUYS WEDDING RING CAUSING THE DAMAGE, REASON TO JUST STAY ENGAGED IN MY CASE, LOL.
2814022f-cf9b-4279-9626-143356984bd4.jpg

THATS GREAT, DIDNT REALISE THIS POSTED THE OTHER DAY SO I ACCIDENTLY ASKED AGAIN TODAY. CHECKED OUT THE GUY ON EBAY AND SENT HIM A PIC, THINKS HE CAN SORT IT OUT BUT NOTHING TO REPLACE MINE WITH WHILE ITS AWAY GETTING DONE :unsure: ASMMUME ITS PROBABLY GUYS WEDDING RING CAUSING THE DAMAGE, REASON TO JUST STAY ENGAGED IN MY CASE, LOL.
2814022f-cf9b-4279-9626-143356984bd4.jpg

Is this from the ebay guy I linked?

no, this is mine in the car now. in bad shape but the ebay guy says i can fix it

Guys, you know you can get a replica one off eBay for about £20? I've got one, it's heavy and feels good. For the sake of taking your off, sending it away and waiting for it to be sent back... Could be worth just buying a new replica for £20.

Guys, you know you can get a replica one off eBay for about £20? I've got one, it's heavy and feels good. For the sake of taking your off, sending it away and waiting for it to be sent back... Could be worth just buying a new replica for £20.

I paid for a replica the other day, but there were subtle differences and that doesn't sit right with me so i'm sending it back to the buyer. Will be getting mine refurbed.

Fair enough.

The brushee effect is done using the wet and dry sand paper ... the gear knob will be attaches to a bolt, then you attach the bolt to the drill and wrap the gear knob around with wet and dry sand paper and spin the drill at a slow pace, if you want the shiney chrome do the same thing but put some autosol on a cloth and spin again... its very simple guys :)