What's new

REVIEW: EXOL 0w/30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

5w30 won't damage your chain (unless it is already) if you do regular oil changes, BUT next oil service insist on 0w30 fully synthetic then stick to it. Independent will almost always use 5w30 because it's a lot cheaper.

Plus it's getting warmer so will be fine over summer.

5w30 won't damage your chain (unless it is already) if you do regular oil changes, BUT next oil service insist on 0w30 fully synthetic then stick to it. Independent will almost always use 5w30 because it's a lot cheaper.

Plus it's getting warmer so will be fine over summer.

cheers, yeah when i had an old mkII mr2 i used to buy the oil then give it to garage to use. should of done that with the accord but never crossed my mind.wont happen again now though!!!

My Accord ran on 5w30 for the first 30k miles until I wised up and switched it to 0w30

it didn't kill it. But now that you know, just use the right oil.

cheers, yeah when i had an old mkII mr2 i used to buy the oil then give it to garage to use. should of done that with the accord but never crossed my mind.wont happen again now though!!!

I own a mkII turbo great car, had it few years now been thinking about chopping it in for a bike for some time now.

You should consider doing your own oil changes, it's not hard and you can get the exxol deal and do changes every 8-10k, save cash and have the satisfaction of doing it right.

I own a mkII turbo great car, had it few years now been thinking about chopping it in for a bike for some time now.

You should consider doing your own oil changes, it's not hard and you can get the exxol deal and do changes every 8-10k, save cash and have the satisfaction of doing it right.

you know what,,it may take some manly points off me but id be too scared to mess it up somehow. i mean the engine is the most vital bit,,id worry i put too much in or drop something in it,, i need new rear discs too but that sort of thing is beyond my skill level. mind you with youtube you can learn pretty much anything

Just purchased my first 25l bottle of this oil, was previousley using tripple R as that was the cheapest as the 0w 30 grade is realy expensive . But the new oil seams much better than what i was using . So should keep the accord happy

Guys I just received my 2nd 25 ltr drum of 0w 30 Optima Vimax from Lubetechshop but the ACEA rating on this oil is now A5/B5!
From my understanding this oil has a thinner 'oil film' to help lower friction levels hence improve fuel economy.
I normally change oil every 8k miles

Just wondering if anybody else has recently received this oil and used it. Is it ok to use?

The chap from Lubetech said the additive package in the 0w 30 has now been improved which is fair enough but is the A5/B5 definately suitable for a Facelift Accord 2006 I-ctdi (Non -DPF)?

Thanks

Howdy, I ***ume you're a lurker if you already know about Lubetech, but as it's you're first post why not say hi in the Newbies section anyway. ;)

The 7th Gen owners manual says use a minimum of ACEA A1/B1 spec oil for the diesel, so as A5/B5 is a higher spec, it meets the requirement. For info. the previous spec of the standard (as opposed to low-SAPS) Exol 0W 30 oil was A3 B3 B4 i.e. not A1/B1 either. So this one is a better oil than last time round.

CliffordSki

Guilty as charged
Thanks for your reply

Yes I have been lurking around this forum for a while.
Part of the problem is the search facility is so damn good and pretty much everything is already covered.
Hats of to the admins of this site and all you guys who actively participate.
Ofcourse I'll introduce myself in the newbies and thanks again

hi all, i realise this is an old thread,but i need an oil change for my much loved icdi accord,read all threads about lubetech,is the discount code still applicable?? if so i would much appreciate,if anyone still has it, if they could kindly pass it on to me.would like to purchase the 25 ltr drum.

Hi Guys,

I have an Accord 2.0i VTEC on 2000 year and I wanted to get some oil for my car. Can I please have the discount code and also can someone recommend what's the best oil to use from these guys ?

Currently, I'm buying my oil from Honda and they are providing 0w 30 and it's the big C oil as you may be aware.

Looking to get the oil drum if someone can point us in the right direction?

Thanks

5W 40 I think but if you send Lubetechshop your reg. no. they will confirm which oil is recommended for your car.

If your engine will take 0W 30 though you are better off with that for better protection during warmup when most engine wear occurs.

Thanks for the info. Tony mentioned 5w 40 to me also. I couldn't find a 0w 30 on their site, unless I missed it, are there any other value for money oils like lubetech around for what I need if they don't do 0w 30 oil?

Thanks for the info. Tony mentioned 5w 40 to me also. I couldn't find a 0w 30 on their site, unless I missed it, are there any other value for money oils like lubetech around for what I need if they don't do 0w 30 oil?

0W 30 is definitely there, under automotive and two stroke oils / fully synthetic oils, in the left hand menu.

I don't think you'll find a better deal than Lubetech.

Depends.....0W 30 for better cold start protection when more wear occurs.....5W 40 protects better at the top end if you go into VTEC a lot...5W 30 as a halfway house.

BONE27 said:
Hey paddy sorry but i did not see an email.
i can deliver for you for £20 carriage but you will not be able to do it through the website so we would have to arrange another method paypal for example PM me if you want to sort something out
Cheers
Tony
Hi, I'm from northern Ireland and was wondering if I could get lubetech oil shipped to me? Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk