What's new

REVIEW: EXOL 0w/30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

Hi Tony,

Could you tell us where this oil is sourced from or do you blend them at your premises?
Hi yes Andy is right Exol are the manafacturer based in the West Midlands, they generally only sell through distributors, they do not sell to cash and carrys or Motor factors direct, a lot of the oils they sell are rebadged in other company brands, i am not permitted to mention names but they will be some familiar ones.
Also although they have a superb range of Auto products their main business would be industrial and export
By the way there is shortly to be a new range of Low Ash (saps) products available to go alongside the low ash products already available.
Will keep you all posted
Cheers
Tony
Lubetech

Thanks Tonyi any plan to introduce DPF complaint oil in the larger drums?
Hi yes we currently have two products that are DPF compliant, Optima LSV 5w30 Synthetic and Optima LSM 5w30 these are both low ash products the difference between the two is the LSV meets the VW507 spec where as the LSM meets the BMW 04 spec
http://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22_27&products_id=64
Cheers
Tony

Thanks Tony , but Honda strongly recommends the use of of 0W/30 fully synthetic lubricants that meet ACEA C2/C3 specification for all Honda DPF equipped diesel vehicles.

Currently that is the i-DTEC CRV and Accord. Any chance of bring this spec of oil out for us?
[/Edge 5W-30

Thought this might be of interest below is the Castrol recommendation, i am not suggesting for one minute that what castrol say is written in stone but there seems to be a shift towards 5w30 oils for newer models from a lot of manafactures and all the latest low ash synthetics that are going to be introduced are 5w30 oils
I would welcome the thoughts of members as you know your cars better than anyone.
Tony

HONDA

Accord 2.2i-DTEC (N22B)

DT

2008 -

Engine (DT) Edge 5W-30 (B) 5.5

Manual Transmission REFER TO MAIN DEALER 2.2

Automatic Transmission -

Differential From Gearbox

Coolant REFER TO MAIN DEALER 6.9

Brake Fluid Response Super DOT 4

Grease Points LM Grease

b. Alternative recommendations: >-25°C to >40°C, 5W-30; <-25°C to >40°C, 0W-40; >-25°C to >40°C, 5W-40; >-20°C to >40°C, 10W-30; >-20°C to >40°C, 10W-40

quote]

Tony, please put some money into the sin bin :lol:

The C word is banned around here.

I think we all know the lobbying power of oil giants such as the big C, and they can influence manufacturers to shift in whichever direction suits them.

Honda's recommendations come after a great deal of testing, and we recommend our members stick to them.

Please let us know when you are able to supply a 0w/30 suitable for the DPF engines - this will become a big seller for you on here.

Sorry about the smiley face that appeared no idea how that got there i dont find Castrol anything to smile about !!!!

Fahad

Consider it done the C word chokes me as well, i will ask Exol if there are any plans will keep you up to date

Tony, if you want to capture interest here for a 0w/30 DPF compliant product, please feel free to canvass support from our members. You may want to use the poll function to see if people are interested.

Just changed the engine oil I received from Lubetech. Looks like I won't be going back toy castrol.
Spoke to Tony who was helpful and praised the forum.
Thanks to CJ directing me to Lubetech and well done to Monks sourcing it out.

I emailed lubetech about getting this oil delivered to Northern Ireland but never got any reply back. It states on their ebay page that they do not deliver to NI.. :(

Does anyone know who does deliver this to NI or if possible where I could buy this over here?

Paddy, try dropping Tony a PM from this forum.

Paddy, try dropping Tony a PM from this forum.

I have pm'd Tony to ask if this can be done, of course it goes without saying any additional shipping would have to be paid for.

I emailed lubetech about getting this oil delivered to Northern Ireland but never got any reply back. It states on their ebay page that they do not deliver to NI.. :(

Does anyone know who does deliver this to NI or if possible where I could buy this over here?

Lubetech (Tony) are prepared to ship to NI the shipping to BT postcodes would be £20. If you PM Tony (Bone27) with email and postcode he can send you a bespoke paypal request.

HTH

Andy

Lubetech (Tony) are prepared to ship to NI the shipping to BT postcodes would be £20. If you PM Tony (Bone27) with email and postcode he can send you a bespoke paypal request.

HTH

Andy
Good work Andy even with the £20 P&P that is still a great saving on a quality oil.

http://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=4ddlb1g78b80od3l4jpn6uh854

Hey paddy sorry but i did not see an email.
i can deliver for you for £20 carriage but you will not be able to do it through the website so we would have to arrange another method paypal for example PM me if you want to sort something out
Cheers
Tony

Good work Andy even with the £20 P&P that is still a great saving on a quality oil.

Dead right Brett same as you I think it still represents good value for money.

Oil ordered today- im going to get a full service done next week with all new filters, oil, tyres, brake discs & Pads

Thanks! B)

Fantastic, good stuff Paddy!!

Im gonna place an order , I have a 2004 Honda Accord CTDI that I use as a taxi that covers alot of miles over the year and ive been using Mobil 1 0W/40 for the last 3 years that costs around £50 for 5 ltrs , I always change the oil around 10k miles so buying this from lubetech will save me a fortune , because The Honda has been a good reliable car for me I recently bought my wife a 2007 Accord CTDI Ex so this oil can now be used in both of our cars

Thanks what a good forum

Gazb, mate I have a 54 plate accord ctdi like yours which I also use as a taxi, I'm on my 3rd drum of the exol oil and it's brilliant, one word of advice pal you should aim to change your oil every 6k miles as all the stop start driving we do, your car will run perfect with regular oil changes

Wow I'm surprised your engine lasted that long over 3 years as a taxi using 10w/40 with 10k oil changes :eek:

I think he meant mobil 1 oil at 0w40 viscosity fahad if he has used 10/40 I'll be a blue nosed gopher lol

Ah you're right.. damn eyesight :lol:

At the risk of being pilloried for daring to ask an oil question:

Before I place an order, is there any advantage (or detriment) to using Lubetech's SAPS 0W/30 over non-SAPS 0W/30 on a 2005 CDTi?

***uming your car isnt a EU import you wont have a DPF and therefore can run an oil with a full additive pack ie saps. I wouldnt use the non saps stuff as you may as well benefit from the additives as you dont have a dpf to worry about.

Thanks Monks. That's kind of what I figured.

My concern was SAPS might be engine by-products that were trapped by specific additives in low-SAPS oil -thereby increasing the contamination load on the oil. Having no DPF to protect I'd prefer that contamination went out the tail pipe rather than sculling around in my sump!

Having read around a bit more, it seems the SAPS are a function of the oil iteslf. To that end, I suppose either type would work. Low-SAPS is slightly more expensive, and I guess my engine was designed to run on normal-SAPS oil, so unless there's a compelling agument otherwise, that's what I'll be adding to basket!

These links might be of interest to other inquisitive users:

http://tinyurl.com/5st6ya2

http://tinyurl.com/64monld

Page 16 of this: http://tinyurl.com/6k2jl94

Page 5 "C : Catalyst compatibility oils" of this: http://tinyurl.com/6fjnjla

OK, i have almost come to the end of my first exol barrel and will soon be time for me to get a new one. I know see there is a new kind of oil which is a bit more expensive at £105.75.

I have a 2005 accord ictdi, am i better off money wise keeping to the £89 a barrel oil or moving onto this new stuff? is the price we see on the site the price we pay or is there some kind of discount for us?

thanks

this new oil double check its not for the idtec because of the dpf