Scraping/Rattling noise on Acceleration

huggybear13

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD EX
Hello folks,

Hope y'all are fine and dandy.

I have a problem with my Honda Accord 2.2 ictdi ex 2007 model.

From cold start up, the car is making a scraping/rattling noise on acceleration through 1,2,3 gears.
Once the car is warmed up the noise disappears.
I took it to a local garage, and they said their was no noise. Made me question my own sanity for a minute.
But that noise is their. Before I take it to another/better garage, would you guys have any suggestions as
to what it could be. It's flippin doing my head in and it's embarrassing rattling down the road lol

All replies appreciated.

Could be brakes try open windows and listen to where noise is coming from, I once had the brake dust cover causing this sounds like a train track but once warm would disappear. Adjusted covers and noise was gone

sent using tapatalk

Could be anything at all from brakes binding to timing chain or even injectors.. try and pinpoint it first

Yeah, could be a bit of grit caught between the pad and disc. I've had it twice this year already. Sounds like the car's about to die, but a bit of driving and couple of heavy braking sessions normally shakes it loose in my opinion.

Or it could be as mentioned above, the heat shield. A year or so ago I had a really rattly heat shield. The bolts that hold it on were all rusted and the heat shield was rusting. The mechanic just took it off and binned it. Said it's not worth replacing, it won't affect anything, and it hasn't.

The noise is coming from the front of the car, driver side. Best to get it checked as soon as
Thanks for your help guys!!!

Hi,iv got the same kind of noise coming from my 2007 CN1 accord i-CDTi and wondering if anyones managed to get to the bottom of it and figured it out ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,iv checked pullys and sprayed a little wd40 on them and it did nothing,also have checked the brake discs and pads aswel as the guard behind the disc,all that seems fine