What's new

Service indicater/reminder

JohnJ

Reaction score
Car
Gen 8 Accord 2.4 Est
Had my now 3rd 2.4 for a week and cannot find the service indicater in the menus - I recall on my previous 8th Gen 2.4 finding it easily - but with this one it does not appear to be in the menus - all else is. So - maybe it is a model without it - or might a previous owner have had it disabled - is that possible - or am I having a senior moment with my menu cycling ? Any comments appreciated.Thanks.
John

It will have been disabled. Unfortunately it can’t be re-enabled once disabled.

The service reminder is turned off on mine as well. I’ve got a copy of the Honda 12,500 mile schedule sheet that I could send you, if that is useful.

Can this be done without computer wizardry, fed up of seeing my service reminder

I managed to accidentally turn mine back on when I was mucking about with the HDS about a month ago. Can’t remember how I did it but then turning it back off again was alright. Not sure if there is a DIY method without the HDS so it may be paying Honda is the only alternative.

John I'll DM you a link. You may also be interested in this guide I made recently to access the Electronic Service Manual (ESM).

I too managed to turn it off and on then back off again using my HDS though it tells you it can't be reactivated once switched off. If l recall it involves a bit of going back and forth with the HDS software.

I explained the procedure on another thread hear around 2 years ago it's in here

Last edited: