What's new

Sidelight Issue - Help Please!

J_VTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
OK, first off, don't laugh but...

I was just replacing my driver's side side light bulb (LED) and just as I touched the holder to unscrew it, the bulb dropped out of the holder into the housing.

Any ideas how I can get this out? Has anybody else has this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I guess you would need some strong magnet stick, otherwise you have to remove the headlight, and again try with a magnet stick.

I dont think there is a any other way of removing it other than having to remove the headlamp ***embly itself. (should be an afternoons work)
Although leaving the LED in there shouldnt cause any issues - would just have to sacrifice the capless LED and get another one to replace it.

I'm doubtful you'd be able to get anything in there in situ to grab hold of it. LED's aren't ferrous so a magnet is unlikely to help unless it's got a metal jacket of some kind.

Either live with it, or remove the headlight. To do that, you'll need to partially remove the bumper, which is pretty simple, a screw under the wheel arch, a few bolts underneath holding it on to the undertray and a load of plastic push clips up top.

Like Miah says, bumper off, headlamp out. It's a really quick job actually.

Just undo the bumper screws in the wheel arches (do both sides), then pop the plastic clips for the grille and bumper, and pull the bumper out from the top.
It'll drop enough so you have ample room to unbolt the headlamp and pull it out.

Just bang the bumper back in with the butt of your hand when you're done.

Ok this might or might not work, if you could rig some small diameter tube that will fit into the housing and somehow attach it to a vacuum cleaner hose then you may just be able to simply suck the thing out, it's just a thought and you never know it may do the trick

I had same issue when I tried to replace side led bulb, it fell in the headlight. I used this flexible pickup tool which was very handy and managed to take bulb out with ease. You may be able to find it in auto parts store.
98a5634ecc8a0a73ae73cedf69acb355.jpg
66935ec60f59eddee8ee5a895d99676b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear that's the thing Quade/Hauser uses to pull the tracker out of his nose in Total Recall :lol:

Haha. Only watched that the other day on telly.

Had the sidelight bulb fall in last weekend too - weird.

Just tipped the lamp up and it fell back out the hole straight away. Lucky I guess.