What's new

Snow Foam Lance & Solution

J4JAV

Mr OCD Detailing
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7 & ATR
Hi Guys,

Have not been on for a while so I will update you with what I have been up to. I got my self a snow foam lance attachment last week before being hit with this bad real snow lol

I read up loads on the Detailing World Website and got a real bargain!

Paid just £25 for the lance and also a litre of the solution, the guy was on business local to me and we managed to work out a good detail. At £39.99 its still a good deal because they are well over £50 on eBay just for the lance!!!

If you have a pressure washer then I would recommend this to anyone, it does really work great & makes washing easier, you can add some of your normal car wash solution to the bottle, I normally use Zymol/Bilt Hamber car wash and a few capfuls to the mixture. Many pressure washers do have a built in foaming feature but is not as good as this attachment, this allows you to change the thickness of the foam etc...

The snow foam really works into the dirt, grime and traffic film and gives the car a really good clean without even using a sponge, but I would also use a sponge to give it a good proper wash! lol

Here is the link of the product and the solution if anyone is interested but I think the £25 price was a one off so please don't hold me on that!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=183611&highlight=snow+foam

Also a thread is nothing without pictures so here are some snaps: -

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

excellent fun people who haven't got these just don't understand what fun they're missing ;)

now if we could just get rid of this snow i'd get on and use mine again

Tried to use mine today to get the worst off quickly, but hose frozen solid :lol: had to settle with a bucket to clean number plates and lights ;)

Nice one Jav, will it work with all pressure washers? I just have a normal Karcher. Who is the seller?

Faddy you can get them with various fittings ie karcher, kranzle, alto ect.........

IIRC mine was about £40 from pb.

lol, you're keen to try out your new toy. Washing at night!
I got a lance a month ago and love it.

Yeh Gav I couldn't wait and all the foam just turned to ice on the ground LOL it was the day before we got hit with the snow!

Yes Fahad, it will defo work with a Karcher, sign up on the DW forum and PM the seller on that link...

Looking good Javs, your dedicated washing the car in the evening

A must have for all those with pressure washers. Makes for a more efficient wash process and is fun too.

I have had my foam lance for a couple of years or so now and its awesome.. I purchased my lance from Autobrite and works brilliantly with my Kranzle.

Meguiars Hyperwash is very good as is Valet Pro pH Neutral Snow foam..

A link for your perusal..

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/cat_67.html

Looks good.

Can anyone recommend a power washer, especially one that can work with low water pressure?

That snow foam is awesome, as for PW i've normally went for Karcher. had about 3 all of them started leaking and surging.
Halfords one that was broken out the box.
My latest one £280 packed up after several uses 14mths (warranty exp). I never thought to check reviews thinking Karcher was the way to go quality wise but turns out they're shyt (domestic ones) as they use plastic motors wtf !

I recommend nilfisk pw with induction motor made from aluminium, much much better build and a whole lot cheaper.
check out the reviews of it, Kranzle is the dogs if you can afford it. I know i cant!

I've got a low end Karscher... had it 2 years, no issues (yet) but to be honest I don't use it that often as by the time I've got it out and set up, I could have washed it with a hose pipe anyway.

You're probably right dude.. my car is filthy right now, I can't even think of washing it though - far too cold.

I saw Jav in traffic yesterday, his car was gleaming :)

Second CJ's comments unless you look at the very high end ie £400+ Karcher are no good. Ive gone through 2 Karchers and currently on a Halfords own which is made by Alto. Next I will be looking at Kranzle or Matika, my advice is whatever you get make sure you get a soft hose the rigid ones are a pain.

Thanks Fahad :) check out my cleaning thread pics post I will put it up later

You're probably right dude.. my car is filthy right now, I can't even think of washing it though - far too cold.

I saw Jav in traffic yesterday, his car was gleaming B)

I saw his car on the weekend and he parked right behind me on a street and have to say it was very shiny. Jav any chance you could detail my car mate lol?