What's new

Speaker upgrade

Does anyone know where to find a plug adapter for the mk7? i bought new tweeters but cant find a harness anywhere to connect them :'(

i almost chosen the speakers i wanted ,but i red some more info and found out that 6X9 which going on the back shelve getting just bass signal so its pointless to get 3 way good speakers as it wont do the job.
is it truth? what kind of speakers should i get for the back to make my bass better?

kamil10 said:
i almost chosen the speakers i wanted ,but i red some more info and found out that 6X9 which going on the back shelve getting just bass signal so its pointless to get 3 way good speakers as it wont do the job.
is it truth? what kind of speakers should i get for the back to make my bass better?
depends if you want more bass use a subwoofer or you could use 6x9 with a low pass crossover or instead fit an active amplifier under seat such as active vibe using high level inputs

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

So if I get 6x9 2 way speakers they will work just as a subs? The same thing will happen with 3 way speakers.?
I don't want to pay more money for 3 way speakers when they will give just base.
I was thinking about 2 types of speakers.
1. Rockford fosgate prime
2. Polk audio DB SERIES

Polk is more expensive but they really good, that's what I heard. Both option have 6X9 which are 3 way.
But 6x9 in Honda giving just base so there is no point realy.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

No what I meant if you want to use for bass only fit crossover 2way will be bass and mids combined with tweeter 3 way means 3 separate speakers and high input from unit

Sorry for my stupid question.
I dont know much about speakers.
I red in one post that doesn't matter if I use 2way or 3way 6x9 speakers for back shelve I will get just Base as system in accord is built this way. I would like to upgrade all speakers in my car but is it worth putting let's say good quality speaker like polk audio 6x9 3way or use something different?
I can see that most of the speakers 6x9 are 3 way.

This is what I want to get.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-Honda-Accord-Front-Rear-Polk-Audio-Speaker-Replacement-Kit-Adapters-/391566820230?epid=1085778342&hash=item5b2b338386%3Ag%3AU54AAOSwZKBZKYGL&_trkparms=pageci%253Ac5dbcda0-6b0e-11e7-b2ea-74dbd1801de2%257Cparentrq%253A516d036415d0aa474377fd7dfffac5d5%257Ciid%253A2

I don't mind to have just base at the back, if it's gonna be improved.
Question is will it work ok on 3 Way speaker.like the one above.

Please show me where you read this information as far I am aware it's incorrect

Salim
16 Dec 2013
Hello you will have to remove the door cards, it's not a simple drop in. You will likely need a spacer and mount this way you can add 6.5" no probs.
if your just wanting to improve the bass then look to change the 6x9 in the shelf that's a simple swap and handles bass only, don't spend money on fancy 3way 6x9s as the only receive bass frequency.

the problem like most oem stereos is the build in amp tapers off the bass with volume increase it also only sends mids to the front highly corrected. But for you needs I would suggest swapping 6x9 first.

Ok Not sure about that never heard of that if that is case what sound system do you have ?

kamil10 said:
Salim
16 Dec 2013
Hello you will have to remove the door cards, it's not a simple drop in. You will likely need a spacer and mount this way you can add 6.5" no probs.
if your just wanting to improve the bass then look to change the 6x9 in the shelf that's a simple swap and handles bass only, don't spend money on fancy 3way 6x9s as the only receive bass frequency.

the problem like most oem stereos is the build in amp tapers off the bass with volume increase it also only sends mids to the front highly corrected. But for you needs I would suggest swapping 6x9 first.

kamil10 said:
This is what I found in one of the post on type accord.

tin this thread --> http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/15610-speaker-upgrade/?p=170669

As freddo has rightly (copied and pasted) the rear shelf speakers are filtered for low frequency. Obviously you can hear mids etc but it's quite ****led. However, this did improve slightly when changing them out for three ways - but not much.
The easiest solution is to fit a new stereo underneath the old one using an adapter for the cubby hole and a harness. Then bypass the terrible Honda amp and connect your speakers directly to the new unit.

Having said that - I can't vouch for the premium system just the pants standard one

I understand now [emoji16].
Guy Do you think that option 1 and 2 will give more sound proof or it will roughly the same, the rockford fosgate are 3 way and polk audio have 2 way at the door and 3 way are juts 6x9 at the back?

you could bypass the honda and run direct or ad your own amp there are high level line amplifiers so you can run off speaker wire all you will need is power, so essentially you could fit in the boot

I am not gonna play with amp now, maybe in the future but probably I'll add ir change the oreginal one under ashtray.
I just want to change the speakers and soundproof the doors.
I can't decide which speakers Togo with.

Not sure how big difference I will give me in between them.

kamil10 said:
I am not gonna play with amp now, maybe in the future but probably I'll add ir change the oreginal one under ashtray.
I just want to change the speakers and soundproof the doors.
I can't decide which speakers Togo with.

Not sure how big difference I will give me in between them.
Have you considered the time and material costs you are putting into this ?

Channel Hopper said:
Have you considered the time and material costs you are putting into this ?
no-one would have a hobby Stephen and then we'd all read fantasy science

Rockford speakers 220pounds

Polk audio £350

Sound proof I have for free

Time: pleasure to spend some time with my car and relax with couples beers [emoji16]

I love Honda especialy 7 gen. Even if I need to scrap my Accor I ll buy the same probably or 8 gen and then I can swap the speakers and other bits [emoji13]

you're doing fine mate
emoji13.png

From experience you'll notice a difference in sound quality at the front. The rear will probably sound a bit deeper because of the better quality cones and frequency handling
As soon as you raise the volume any higher than about 18 (I think) the bass will start to drop out as the head unit/amp starts to filter out the lower frequency. Crank it too high and it will just crackle out as the head unit can't keep up with the speakers power requirements.
I think all your going to get is a clearer sound at a reasonable volume, well I did anyway
Also don't forget if your putting in front speakers you'll need either an adapter plate or correct mdf ring to fit them in.
I understand your apprehension in not wanting to fit another stereo but I don't think your going to get the result your after without it. You could fit 1000 pounds worth of speakers to the standard accord head unit and amp - the results will be similar. There's just not enough power and to much frequency cut to fire up a decent set of speakers.
If your just looking for a mild upgrade just fit some cheaper ones, most of these will be an improvement over the cars standard speakers in my opinion

I recently installed pioneer X8700BT head unit using this adaptor ( https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autoleads-fp-15-04-honda-accord-sport-executive-fascia-panel-adaptor.html )

1) Soldered the OEM harness to the ISO provided in the panel adaptor set mentioned above. ( http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/23370-aftermarket-install-gone-wrong-with-a-twist/#entry242428 )
2) Installed live, rca, remote and ground cable.
3) Installed head unit with the rca, remote cable connected
4) Applied sound deadening on the rear deck/ parcel shelf
5) Installed a pair of JBL GTO 938 6x9 on rear deck thanks to this post ( http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/60-review-diy-rear-shelf-speakers-2004-type-s/ )
6) Used an old alpine amp from 8 years ago and wired the 6x9's to this using 8gauge speaker wire.
7) Configured head unit HPF/ LPF on head unit (amongst various other settings)

I had originally installed my sub but the thing is huge and weighs down the back (can feel it when pulling away and cornering) so took this out.
The 6x9's are in NO WAY a direct replacement for a sub but they do have an adequate amount of base.
BTW, when i installed the new head unit the sound on the OEM speakers dramatically improved. The mids and highs were much more defined, especially after some hours of tuning.
You may not even have to change the speakers once you have checked the quality with the new head unit.

Main point being... changing the head unit will enhance and change the sound massively, more-so then just changing the speakers alone.
I hope this helps :D

kamil10 said:
Rockford speakers 220pounds
Polk audio £350
Sound proof I have for free
Time: pleasure to spend some time with my car and relax with couples beers [emoji16]
Thanks. The reason for the question was hinted at earlier, in that you might find another member who has done similar with same Accord, and is either selling off the car, or has further upgraded their kit beyond the modifications you are trying.

There is not space for 1din radio there. U can relocate the DVD drive, remove that shelf and then install radio and facia.
Why u need another radio? If u can fit digital changer Yatour for example without much hustle.

Another thing you gonna need new amp or unplug OEM one and use wiring adapter.

i think to upgrade speakers ,one of the people on forum said its worth to added new radio unit so sound will improve . thats why i think about it .its goona be probaly lots of work to relocate the dvd drive .