What's new

Steering Wheel Badge

DJSR

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i CTDI
Hi all, Hope all is well, not posted for a while, which i suppose is a good thing, car has been good! (other than clutch/flywheel change =£1315 @honda lol)

I'm looking for the steering wheel badge, the chrome has come off and it looks ugly! I've tried ebay, but no luck! Any idea's at all please?

Cheers
Serg.

Definitely get them on eBay mate I seen a red type R aftermarket one and not expensive .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you find a decent one that fits.. Let me know too. Need to replace the one on the FRV

On the facelift model, the badge is part of the round circular bit which fits onto the wheel, i dont think you can just replace the badge itself?? i could be wrong, but thats how it looks i think.

I also wanted to ask, on the front bumper, are there two brackets where the bumper clips onto beneath the headlamps or is there more than two brackets?? Someone reversed into me and i got the whole front bumper sprayed, but there is a gap beneath both headlamps. Picture below.

l_242.jpg

l_244.jpg

Also, are the bumper brackets different on the facelift model compared to non-facelift?? (pre 2005 i think).

Cheers

That guy gets way too excited over a badge!! Yeah looks like it's an easy fit over the original

Come on Fahad, everyone knows sticking a red H badge on a non-TypeR Honda instantly increases the BHP, makes your diff limited slip and stiffens your chassis. For £10 from eBay, what's not to get excited about!

The brackets are for the side, where bumper and fender meets. The one you talk about is the metal holder that is screwed under the headlight. They are identical for all models 2003-2008.

There are more than Honda logo on the outside of my car, the only one left is on the steering wheel, allowing the uninitiated to know the brand of the vehicle...
Is it possible to replace it with a Mugen logo as on the front grille and the trunk ?

crown_bg said:
The brackets are for the side, where bumper and fender meets. The one you talk about is the metal holder that is screwed under the headlight. They are identical for all models 2003-2008.
Cheers for the info Radoslav, So would new metal holders under the headlights fix the gaps i have on my bumper???

If the gap was caused by the impact, then it would. Mind that the gaps right under the headlights is weak point for these Accords. Bumper at front is carried by the 2 metal holders+2 plastic pins/holders placed on the inner side of each of the 2 headlights. As bumper is heavy it loosens down with time, bumper stretches down. The support is not enough.

In your case I would remove the bumper and check the condition of the metal holder. Since it is metal, if small bent occurred, you can fix it, if not then get second hand one.