What's new

Tailgate again!

SarahB

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
Hi, I know I am not alone in this issue so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Has anyone got or know where I can get the tailgate wiring diagrams for the 2007 Tourer please?

Thanks, its a ACCORD SPORT I-CTDI Diesel 2007, I've checked all the wires I can see and the motor seems to be working. I'd really apprrecaite any help.

I've had a look through the files and I can't seem to find an 'open' or exe file. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I've had a look through the files and I can't seem to find an 'open' or exe file. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Open the file named HONDAESM.HTML with Internet Explorer. When it opens you first have to 'Allow blocked content', and later, when it asks if you want to close the window, answer 'No'. You should now get a minimized Explorer window which you then resize to your liking. You should then see the options of the manual.

What's actually wrong with the tailgate, mine went wrong recently and it ended up being a simple fix however I ended up buying used closer unit when all I needed to do was unstick the external handle which was preventing the tailgate from closing properly. To check whether there is a broken wire in the loom at the hinge you have to remove part of the roof liner and visually inspect the loom, did you do that?

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    117.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I have the ptg up on dash and it's not opening by key fob, interior button by dash or manually from the exterior so I can only open it from the inside by climbing through the car. The motor appears to be working so I am trying to trace the wires back but there are so many.

As antdad said first place to look is the wiring loom on left hand hinge.Its the most common reason for tailgate failure and the easiest and cheapest of fixes....rule that out first!

Thanks I'll try that, just waiting for a break in the weather - constant rain for days now.

As antdad said first place to look is the wiring loom on left hand hinge.Its the most common reason for tailgate failure and the easiest and cheapest of fixes....rule that out first!

Whilst I have the tourer, I had a hiccup yesterday where I noticed the tailgate light was lit on the dashboard as I was driving home.

I stopped to find I had closed the tailgate onto a cable that was hanging out, but found the latch wouldn't close after removing and pushing down, so drove home somewhat more carefully and parked up with the boot against a wall. I could lock all other doors with the boot pushed down so the - four - sensors appeared to be functional.

Looking at the other threads a number of them mention fuse 21 in the driver's footwell but this is not the case with the tourer after I started looking around this morning.
This tourer has three fuses dedicated to the boot housed in their own fusebox, just behind the main box under the bonnet, one 40 A and two smaller peg varieties. All tested working.

So, before I started ripping out the roof at the back to check wiring I disconnected the battery for five minutes, reconnected, put the bonnet down et voila, all doors close again.

So, it's worth checking the easier things first.

From experience i can tell you removing battery for a while can reset and allow tailgate function but it will fail again until fault found.My previous broken wire in hinge loom aside i did have another problem meaning i had to do a reset every few days.Turned out i had a leak which was filling up rear cubbies either side of tyre well with water.This in turn was running into wiring harnesses around tailgate.
Since i cured leak and dried car out it has worked prefectly ever since.

Just posting my findings.

It might be a different fault of course but if the o/p is able to comfirm similar symptoms and check fuse /battery reset technique before somebody rips them off for some stupid amount of money then I'm happy

before somebody rips them off for some stupid amount of money then I'm happy
Thats why we are here and more often than not most problems get sorted without the need for expensive diagnosis and garage repairs!

I have been battery resetting for nearly a year with PTG error. A real pain climbing in the back as you need to have the boot open to get it to reset I have found.
It was infrequent, but now getting painful every day after two or three openings.
I have wd40 sprayed all the mechanism around the lock, but that has not worked.
I see from above that it maybe in the wiring loom somewhere close to the lid.
Where should I look, do I have to undo the panel?
Am i looking for damaged wires through the outer casing of the loom?

I have been battery resetting for nearly a year with PTG error. A real pain climbing in the back as you need to have the boot open to get it to reset I have found.
It was infrequent, but now getting painful every day after two or three openings.
I have wd40 sprayed all the mechanism around the lock, but that has not worked.
I see from above that it maybe in the wiring loom somewhere close to the lid.
Where should I look, do I have to undo the panel?
Am i looking for damaged wires through the outer casing of the loom?

I have the same problem and I too am looking for a solution - shame you got no responses.

Well spotted Channel Hopper! There's still some useful stuff in the threads to get me started