What's new

Time to Lower

Tiberious SG

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 Reg CDTI 2.2
I'm finally ready to do the suspension on my 04 i-cdti Exec.

I'm planning on fitting the Bilstein B12 Pro kit, which consists of a set of front and rear matched Bilstein B8 shortened dampers and Eilback Pro springs.

images.jpg

Originally I had planned to go the A-spec route but due to supply issue I have decided to go for the Bilstein instead.

I have chosen not to go the coil over route as I have no need of the adjustment they afford and I prefer the mono-tube setup.
(I was very close to going the BC RH route but have decided to go with the B12)

Hopefully will be ordering the B12 kit from DC performance's site later this week.

Prior to getting my mechanic to fit this kit I was wondering what I need to check for replacements?

Being a nine year old car with 140K I'm ***uming all the front bushes will need replacing.
not sure about anything else though?

I'm hoping to get away without having to fit an alignment kit as the drop will be between 30 - 40 mm. although i'll get it on a hunter after its settled and decide on this then.

the rear ARB bushes are less than 12 month's old so apart from the front bushes does anybody think I need to check anything else out prior to fitting the kit.

I have a set of rage Alloys which I plan to shoe and fit fairly soon after the lowering, so with the new uprated suspension and wheels, I'm wondering what areas are going to need work aside from new bushes ?

An alignment is recommended to do once all your work is done in terms of lowering bush replacement etc.....http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/592-accord-7th-gen-lowering-options/

Think link will hopefully help with your lowering questions... ;)

As long as you are running the correct 225/35/19 tyres, you don't need any archwork at all.

I would replace for good measure:

Both front compliance bushes
Both front ARB bushes
Both rear ARB bushes
Check and if required, replace all 4 ARB Links.

Bear in mind that the much lower sidewall is going to put a lot more pressure on your links and bushes and will dramatically reduce their life. I tell you this from experience.

Cheers Faddy exactly what I was after.

I Know your accord was a bit younger than mine when you put the A spec and rages on so I'm probably going to replace all the items you listed prior to fitting the suspension and wheels.

Do you still think I need to put new rear ARB bushes on? as the current ones have seen 15K and 10 month's since fitting with Oem spec.

I was thinking about possibly uprating the bushes but that seems to be very pricey and can compromise the ride excessively.

Well I never upgraded the bushes on my Accord and it was fine. When it reached 100k miles I had the front ARB links done as one snapped. I was running the A Spec suspension however.

But on my wife's FRV, I've gone from 16 to 18' Honda rims and the sidewall is now a 40 profile tyre and it's knackered the rear ARB bushes very quickly, which then knackered the links as it puts extra stress on them.

Honda genuine bushes are so cheap and they're easy to fit on these cars, just do it I'd say. The compliance bushes will really help to ensure the car feels tight and on a high miler, they will have started to weaken.

Honda genuine bushes are so cheap and they're easy to fit on these cars, just do it I'd say. The compliance bushes will really help to ensure the car feels tight and on a high miler, they will have started to weaken.

I have the car booked in next week for a new set of brake pads.
I think I'll follow your advice and will get all of the bushes replaced as well and get them to check the ARB links.

I'll ask him to have a look at the ball joints and anything else that may have worn. then hopefully I can get the suspension replaced soon after.

Just noticed I've started this topic is in 8th Gen not 7th gen modifying, sorry
Hopefully a mod can move it.

You can't go wrong with yellow billies. Please do post a in depth review once fitted, hopefully before you put the rages on to get a good comparison.

Will be worth checking condition of top mounts but they're expensive I expect, so change only if needed.

You can't go wrong with yellow billies. Please do post a in depth review once fitted, hopefully before you put the rages on to get a good comparison.

Will be worth checking condition of top mounts but they're expensive I expect, so change only if needed.

Aha someone who Knows about top mounts. (I don't really)

Hopefully the OEM ones on the car are OK as theres been no modifications done yet so I'm hoping I'll get away without having to replace them.

but in case I do have to replace them any idea about prices ?

yes will definately do a full reveiw if I fit the Bilstein kit

OK I decided to go the Bilstein B12 Kit route and ordered a kit earlier today.

My Plan of action is as follows:

Replace ARB Bushes
Replace Compliance Bushes
Check and replace if Necessary the ARB Links
Have my Mechanic check Ball joints / Top Mounts / Tie Rods and other equipment.
Fit B12 Pro Kit to Car
Have a Hunter Alignment done.
Depending on results of Alignment Purchase Camber Correction Kit parts For Front / Back or both

Allow new setup to bed in on current epsilon 17's and then fit Rage 19"s later on (think I'll have exhausted my fund s a bit and I need tyres).

I think it'll be a great setup especially with changing any bushes that need doing.
look forward to hearing your detailed review.

re: Topmounts, generally if they aren't knocking your ok

I think it'll be a great setup especially with changing any bushes that need doing.
look forward to hearing your detailed review.

re: Topmounts, generally if they aren't knocking your ok

I've not noticed any Knocking really.
I'm pretty sure that the front bushes are in need of replacement and the suspension is nowehere near as tight as it once was so will only know when they get it on the ramp.

fingers crossed.

I've not known top mounts to fail on the 7th gen yet mate, I think you'll be fine.

Looking forward to seeing the work buddy...good luck and keep us posted :)