What's new

tinted rear lenses

als

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/alspaintworks/standard.jpg im going t tint the rear lenses on the car by using my own thinned down tinted laquer

and here is the finished look i got
tinted.jpg

That's very subtle, I like it. Was it hard to do? What did you use to tint?

Wow, they look great!!

That looks great! and you did it in 15mins? How did you do it? I would like to do it on mine, as the darker tint colour would sit nice with the maroon paintwork.

have you photos before and after tinting? what type of lacquer you used? Have you polished after painting?
They looks like genuine but more shiny to me :)

what i do is add black basecoat 1k lacquer and then spray it on, it means i can see how dark its going then i seal it in with clear lacquer, one dryed i gently flatten and polish it to give a sort of factory look,still struggling to post pics so if this works then this is the before
standard.jpg

Yeh the old ones look so lame compared, they look almost pinky compared to the tinted one, me wants the tinted ones! :wub:

They look a lot darker when in car.will you pass MOT? In our country it is impossible to pass MOT with so tinted rear lamps.

p.s. did you tinted white stripes? they still look white as original

Yeah the clear stripes are still original and it will go through an MOT no bother