What's new

Turning an EX into an EX GT

stonesfan

Members
Reaction score
Car
1999 Accord V6 Coupe
Think I've finally got my act together :) buy an early 8th gen EX of which some dont have a sunroof. Found 3 on the trader at present. Then fit the gt bits to give you an ex gt but with full leathers. Any idea what this will cost me? Specifically like the bodykit. Cheers.

Mods on my car for genuin stuff has come to around 3k now

Wow I was expecting a few hundred quid lol. Prob better off getting an ex gt and shoving in a set of leathers from eBay.

Tbh the half leathers are the nicer seat imo , still heated in ex gt but no cold *** to start off with

Call Holdcroft Honda as they do good deals.
Think its cheaper to get the sports front bumper was about £300. Sideskirts are about £200 each

All the body kit parts were on offer a while back but only in certain colours. I think the whole kit would of cost less than a grand. Just call HH for a price and see before making a decision.

Holdcroft Honda seem to be able to provide a 'sports package' for less than a grand.

Yep its a pretty good deal. Bonus is it will make the car look great, no chips or scratches on the bumpers.

Can you detach the front splitter from the bumper easily enough? A suicidal Fox decided to play chicken on the M6 toll with my car and definitely lost......However, the bugger has cracked my splitter and I want my car back to pre-mental breakdown fox moment......Any top tips or anyone took off the bumper and or splitter before?

It should just be some bolts and screws. But then if it's been retro fitted by someone and glue has been used, it could be a whole different issue!

Coincidentally I have recently had the front nearside splitter/spoiler repaired on my ES GT after it was hit by a number plate thrown up from a lorry, causing a line of deep scars across it. The repairer removed the splitter from the bumper to carry out the repair and respray so it must be straightforward or else he would have done the repair in situ. I think it is just held on with plastic screws and clips.