What's new

Type S vs type R

Paul S

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9 type S
This is just a bit of fun but has anyone ever gone up against a civic type R in an accord CL9?
Mines completly standand at the moment but had a bit of a go against one (ep3) late last night finishing work, we were on a duel road and he was right up my tail pipe doing about 50, so I moved over and gave him a go, he did pass me but it took him a lot of time, more than I expected, we were well into autobahn speeds when he did.
With ukCL9's chip it might even be too much for one, although from a stop it might be a bigger gap, the CL9 does have very good aero on a roll.
Any experiences?

A CTR will muller a CL9 I'm affraid.

I had a go with an EP3 in my ATR last year and it pulled on me slighty between 30-50 and then the two were pretty much on par.

Unfortunately the CL9 is alot heavier so the EP3 has the edge.
If the CL9 upgrades its final drive it could stand a better chance.

My cl9 with reflash and header,was quicker than my mates ep3 from a rolling start.haven't tryed from a stand still.but i also have ep3 gears

I love playing with ep3's in my euro r,as they dont it coming,they think its just a white normal accord.lol

My diesel touring has a stage 2 map (190-odd HP and 400-ish Nm) and it got totally smashed from 40mph, by a stock ep3 a couple of months back.

The guy in the Civic couldn't understand why I found it so funny, but I knew the result before we even started.

Edit - I know diesels are poo for performance due to their narrow power band.

Pottermus said:
A CTR will muller a CL9 I'm affraid.

I had a go with an EP3 in my ATR last year and it pulled on me slighty between 30-50 and then the two were pretty much on par.
Well thats the thing though, it was definitly not a mullering, I was surprised and pleased.

I think the driver plays a big part in these little "contests". A few weeks back I had an fn2 tailgating me so I Floored it and the it just couldn't catch me up. I think it was down to a couple of seconds head start, don't think he expected the "old man" accord to boot it off.
The young guy did not look pleased when he pulled up next to me at the junction !

Ep3 ain't that quick I think a cl9 could give a good go on a rolling start. Might not win but wouldnt pull loads imo

Lol type r is only slightly quicker a modded cl9 would keep up but serious mods if the driver of type r uses all his power band then cl9 will be behind around a second

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

honda_saj said:
Lol type r is only slightly quicker a modded cl9 would keep up but only serious mods if the driver of type r uses all his power band then cl9 will be behind around a second

Cl9 definitely quicker than the ep3 in stock form, although not much between them.

We blew away a few ep3's in our EuroR, and I mean really blew them away. The ep3 is a good fun car to buy for the money though you can buy them for next to nothing these days

Plus one for the ep3
Great little cars especially the face lift with the revised steering I've had a pre and a post facelift.
Loved them both and pretty reliable too other than the dreaded eps/steering rack issues on the pre facelift cars. I fell victim of this to the tune of about 1100 quid!
My cl9 must be a dud as it doesn't feel anywhere near as quick although some of that maybe down to the raw experience of the ep3 by comparison.

^^ You need to go up against one to really understand. The power in the K24 is delivered in a much more refined way. I have to say our K24 had a Typhoon kit on it which will have helped, and we dyno'd it @ 206bhp running on 98ron (before remap)