HughJarse

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord 2.2 DTi
What would you recommend...

2004 Accord Saloon 2.2 CDTi EX
225/45/17 wheels and tyres all round

No load carrying, no towing, usually only me in the car 95% of the time.
Looking for the best combo for economy and ride comfort.

I used to run mine at 36 when I had 17s, but then again I tow quite often.

Hi mate,

I think its 32 front - 36/38 rear. If your unsure just open the driver door or the front passenger door you should see a placard with these details.

Hope this helps :)

Front is always higher due to engine weight!!

I can't remember exactly the specific, but 36/37 fronts, 33/34 rears, higher if load carrying. worth checking tyre wear after a few thousand miles just be sure something isn't off.

s-preston87 said:
Hi mate,

I think its 32 front - 36/38 rear. If your unsure just open the driver door or the front passenger door you should see a placard with these details.

Hope this helps :)
Sorry meant the opposite - my bad!

Manufactures quoting different pressures for different loads amuses me, who's going to change the pressure when passengers get in and out ? I run with enough pressure to accommodate a couple of passengers and high speed cruising on motorways. I only change the pressure if I'm going on a long run fully loaded.

Ned said:
Manufactures quoting different pressures for different loads amuses me, who's going to change the pressure when passengers get in and out ? I run with enough pressure to accommodate a couple of passengers and high speed cruising on motorways. I only change the pressure if I'm going on a long run fully loaded.
As Ned says :) .

I would think that the amount of people who actually change their pressures under load would be very low :( .

38 all round for me also