What's new

Urgent! Honda sport suspension - does diesel fit petrol?

Nasty1984

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL7
Hi guys, i can get hold of a brand new honda sport suspension, but as the code ends on xxxxx-SEF-600 it's for the diesel. I have a CL7 (petrol)

Is there a reason that they made different ones for petrol/diesel? And even in MT and AT?

And as it's a real bargain, should i buy it even when in doubt?

The reason is that the Diesel engine is heavier than the Petrol, so the weight distribution across the car is different and the suspension needs to be adjusted to accommodate this (basically).

I would imagine it's the same for Auto vs MT - different weight between the two types of G-Box. I might be wrong on that bit though

Therefore the suspension for a diesel would fit on a petrol, but the front would be lighter than the springs are set for and hence the car will ride higher and handle differently because the springs aren't being loaded the way they are designed to be.

In short, I wouldn't do it personally - better to either get the specific Sports suspension for your car, or go Aftermarket, where you can set it up properly.

If it doesn't work for you maybe try and sell here to another member.

Pretty sure petrol and diesel do not fit.

Are you talking about the dealer provided A spec suspension? If so then it's the same across petrol and diesel.

If you're talking about struts from a factory sport it's a pointless mod as they are set the same as the exec (there may be some mm in ride height but not worth the hassle)

F6HAD said:
Are you talking about the dealer provided A spec suspension? If so then it's the same across petrol and diesel.

If you're talking about struts from a factory sport it's a pointless mod as they are set the same as the exec (there may be some mm in ride height but not worth the hassle)
I thought there were different part numbers:

08W60-SEF-600 Diesel Option - All models
08W60-SEA-600B Manual option - Type S 2.0/2.4 Ex 2.0/2.4
08W60-SEA-600C Auto Option - Type S 2.0 only, 2.0/2.4 Ex

(taken from here: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/14864-question-about-honda-oem-sport-suspension/?hl=a-spec#entry163483 )

I'm talking about the optional sport suspension. I can buy it and sell/ship it to the uk. But as it's for diesel i want to make sure i can get it sold. Don't want to be stuck with it as no one wants it.

Nasty1984 said:
I'm talking about the optional sport suspension. I can buy it and sell/ship it to the uk. But as it's for diesel i want to make sure i can get it sold. Don't want to be stuck with it as no one wants it.
I suspect there'd be interest ;), but not sure at what price. I'd only ship across something you were positive you were going to use.

My A spec suspension came off Alnug's car, his was the facelift K24 and mine a pre facelift diesel saloon. It was absolutely spot on.

There may be slight differences in spring rating but I do know honda change part numbers in many instances for many components just so people don't interchange parts, even though the parts are identical.

We've found this out recently when looking for parts for the euroR and have managed to use many regular cl7/9 parts.

Speak to member Rust, he imports from Japan and knows parts numbers inside out for most components.

If the package is <30kg i can get it shipped for €99 (shipping only). Let's say £325 for the entire package, brand new.

Guy works at honda. At the moment i'm givinf my chassiscode so he can see if it fits my facelift cl7

Would like to no more about this I can maybe get a full suspension set up genuine but think it's for a diesel but not really bothered about the springs as putting good skunk2 springs on with it but will the shocks and top mounts fit as normal on my 2.0 petrol CL7 ? Your help will be most appreciated guys part numbers as follows::
Front shocks , 51601-sef-e040
Rear shocks , 52610-sef-e020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk