What's new

Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner

CJM

Dr. Diesel
Reaction score
Car
56 Accord Ex i-CTDI
Personally I think it is excellent stuff for cleaning alloys,

Just wondering what others use and if they think there is anything better out there.

Tend to use it neat and brush on, leave for a few minutes and then wash off

Carl,

With wheels I really think it depends on the wheels themselves, what condition they are in and how old they are, me personally have spent and wasted money on cleaning products. But now that I bought my pentas brand new I have keep them spotless and clean each week and that's using the normal car wash solution... It depends really I you keep on top of it.... In the last 1000 miles I did I didn't give then any attention as I was driving mainly motorway etc... so now they have started to get some really bad tar spots so the question is what's this cleaner like with that? If not I think it will have to be a matter of taking off the wheels and getting a clay bar to
them...

It would be good if you could get some pics up mate of before, during and after pics of using this stuff? I will sure be interested!

Thanks mate

Jav,

I left the alloys pretty much all over winter (no choice really with the weather) and they are looking pretty decent again now (given what I got on the car in the first place)

Next time I can take some photo's will get them posted up.

In respect of the tar spots, it would shift them pretty easily, but probably best using neat rather than diluted.

Nice one Paul... much appreciated mate!

Personally I think it is excellent stuff for cleaning alloys,

Just wondering what others use and if they think there is anything better out there.

Tend to use it neat and brush on, leave for a few minutes and then wash off

It's so easy isnt it! I also use bilberry wheel cleaner, then top the wheels off with a coat or 2 of angel wax as my wheels have no laquer. Its sweet watchin wheels bead just like the car when its wet :)

It's so easy isnt it! I also use bilberry wheel cleaner, then top the wheels off with a coat or 2 of angel wax as my wheels have no laquer. Its sweet watchin wheels bead just like the car when its wet :)

What is it that's so enjoyable about water beads on a car, sometimes you are praying for rain just to see them !

Not used Angel wax do you use it just on the wheels ?

I use chem guys wheel guard, which helps a lot with brake dust etc and seems pretty good for lasting

Not tried it myself, but what do you guys think about washing up liquid? On the wheels that is?

Must try this stuff... I ocassionally use Autoglym wheel cleaner but it's very acidic.. if I do use it, I use it very sparingly and only on hard baked dust.

Agree with Jav, best to keep them wheels polished up to make life easier when washing.

Not used Angel wax do you use it just on the wheels ?

Yup, wheels only. Although my car's crying out for a clay and megs 1-2-3, just aint got the time yet :)

I've got a non-acidic wash thingy from motorspares. Then for tar spots either a quick clay or nail varnish remover and they come straight off.

Then coat the alloys with mer or autoglym - whichever i've got more of, then next time the crap comes straight off.

Si you love your Mer polish don't you? I always think of you when I use it LOL still remember your tip of polishing the windscreen with it haha never need to use wipers on mway, the water doesn't even stick! :eek:

I sure do :eek:

It's amazing the amount of people i tell to wax their windscreen with mer and they then look at me like i'm nuts!!!! But it really does work!!!! :eek:

Bilberry is amazing and very easy to use plus it smells yummy! :D

Be careful not to get it on your hands or clothes as it won't come off. I was using it on my old wheel set up and worked a treat. But you do need to try to maintain clean wheels as often as possible or these damn tar spots will be a ball ache to remove.

I currently use Meguiar's liquid gold shampoo for cleaning the car and the Volks.

Then i will use Mother's mag polish and seal them with poor boys wheel sealant. It beads very well.

yeah my mate Dean ( Darkside on here ) told me about them...sounds like awesome stuff !!!

this thread has got me buying some bilberry wheel cleaner!......ive herd it being raved about on detailing world but never bothered. regards a sealent after washing the wheels i can confirm poorboys is superb!!!! its amazing the deep shine and slickness it gives your wheels not to menhon how nothing sticks to them afterwards. i suggest claying first though, making sure all contaminents are removed before sealing the wheels

I got mine from shinerama, they sell it in the 5L

Shinearama

They are currently selling 5L for £23.95 which is good considering 1L is around £8 or £9.

You can get it from quite a few places and sometimes it's best to just put it in google and click shopping at the top and see what comes up

Guys now I love alot of the valet pro products and the bilberry wheel cleaner is good, but they say if you apply it at a 1-3 ratio no scrubbing is required and all the dirt / brake dust should wash off with a pressure washer.

Ive never found anything accept an acid based cleaner capable of that, which I must add I would not use accept on the very worst caked wheels.

Bilbery.....Mmmmmmm...... Sounds like it should be some girlie drink doesn't it. I have used it many times and i am still amazed at the amount of crud it shifts of my wheels for next to no effort

I sure do B)

It's amazing the amount of people i tell to wax their windscreen with mer and they then look at me like i'm nuts!!!! But it really does work!!!! :D

I've found that RAINEX (in a yellow trigger bottle) is one of the best products by far - clears the water sooooo much better, especially when your pasing those arctics and cannot see anything in front!

Guys now I love alot of the valet pro products and the bilberry wheel cleaner is good, but they say if you apply it at a 1-3 ratio no scrubbing is required and all the dirt / brake dust should wash off with a pressure washer.

Ive never found anything accept an acid based cleaner capable of that, which I must add I would not use accept on the very worst caked wheels.

When cleaning my Penta rims, I use one of my mountain bike cleaning solutions - MUC-OFF or similar. This is gr8 on my bike for getting rid of mud and grease, BUT I always use mine extremely watered down with a cheap kitchen dish brush - does the job. Anything more stubborn, I tend to get the AUTOGLYM tar remover on it and really rinse it all well! If i'm really in the cleaning mood i'll slap some bodywork polish on them once car is dry.

I never use these hand car wash places as I have heard of reports where less scrupulous operators have used diluted brick acid for wheel cleaning....

Mucoff is pants compared to Bilberry safe, Ive tried everything under the sun over the years B)

I have ordered some Bilberry (it only seems to be available online) - am looking forward to giving it a go. I have not used the acid stuff on my wheels.

Thanks for the tip guys

I've found that RAINEX (in a yellow trigger bottle) is one of the best products by far - clears the water sooooo much better, especially when your pasing those arctics and cannot see anything in front!

chalk up another vote for Rainex (I got mine in B+Q) it quitens the wipers and makes their job much easier. Plus it gets anything off the windscreen pretty easily

I have ordered some Bilberry (it only seems to be available online) - am looking forward to giving it a go. I have not used the acid stuff on my wheels.

Thanks for the tip guys

took delivery this week and tried it - superb :)

Nothing like using VP billberry cleaner for the first time its magic stuff, also amazing how much you can dilute it and still be effective.