What's new

Vibration when braking

f2raf

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
My car vibrated when braking, at high or low speeds when I press the brake I can feel a vibration through the pedal. I don't drive my car much these days, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

f2raf said:
My car vibrated when braking, at high or low speeds when I press the brake I can feel a vibration through the pedal. I don't drive my car much these days, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Sounds like your disks are shot probably the front.
Can you fill it through the steering wheel as well.

Yes I can feel it through the steering, sorry I should have mentioned that. I had new discs and pads in Dec 14, 18 months ago about 15k miles ago but they were standard stuff sourced by the garage. I use my car once a week now so wondering if the discs just need a skim

Mine was doing this just prior to drive shaft snapping! But then my discs were also dew for renewal and when I had my drive shaft replaced, I had my discs done at the same time, so I'll never know if the vibration was brake disc or drive shaft. Obviously brake discs are easy to ***ess and relatively cheap to replace. But if your discs look ok, might want to inspect your drive shafts, just to be on the safe side. Check around the rubber seals on the counter weight, as corrosion from moisture ingress under the rubber seals results in the drive shaft corrosion.

thank you i'll get it checked ta the garage

Stevearcade said:
Mine was doing this just prior to drive shaft snapping! But then my discs were also dew for renewal and when I had my drive shaft replaced, I had my discs done at the same time, so I'll never know if the vibration was brake disc or drive shaft. Obviously brake discs are easy to ***ess and relatively cheap to replace. But if your discs look ok, might want to inspect your drive shafts, just to be on the safe side. Check around the rubber seals on the counter weight, as corrosion from moisture ingress under the rubber seals results in the drive shaft corrosion.

I got some cheapo's from ebay, I think they were made out of cheese. I can recommend Brakes4u ltd, even the "standard" stuff works well

Do the pads move freely? I had to shave a bit of mine. Is the caliper retaining pin in place? It has also been known that the wrong pads have been fitted because car part companies get the tourer and saloon brake parts mixed up.

chew said:
Do the pads move freely? I had to shave a bit of mine. Is the caliper retaining pin in place? It has also been known that the wrong pads have been fitted because car part companies get the tourer and saloon brake parts mixed up.
no that's the rear brakes that have those issues, the front brakes are the same across body variants on 7th gen

If it is brakes causing this (might be rims/tyres), it's most likely front brakes, I had a sticking piston in a front caliper ages ago, brakes would judder until I freed it up.

3 years ago it was http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/13220-front-brake-caliper-piston-sticking/ (I didn't mention the symptoms, just the fact that I was renewing front pads and piston was seized in the caliper)

I'll keep you posted once it's in and out of the garage. To add to the issue maybe non related there is an rattling jingling sound from the ****pit. Can't pin point it.

f2raf said:
Yes I can feel it through the steering, sorry I should have mentioned that. I had new discs and pads in Dec 14, 18 months ago about 15k miles ago but they were standard stuff sourced by the garage. I use my car once a week now so wondering if the discs just need a skim
Like the old saying goes "use it or lose it"

f2raf said:
I'll keep you posted once it's in and out of the garage. To add to the issue maybe non related there is an rattling jingling sound from the ****pit. Can't pin point it.
How many gizmo's are hanging on your key ring??

Jingling still there, not earrings or keys. Not been to garage yet, covered a few hundred mway miles issue is intermittent so suspect sticky caliper. Car will go on Sorn this Friday, don't need it for next 5 months. May consider selling.