What's new

VSA Issue

sens3i

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL9 type s
Hello all, last week I bought a CL9 type s with reasonable millage and full honda service history at a bargain price. However on my way home I got notified by the dreaded vsa abs and /!\ lights. Used the forum for info and plugged in a snap on DTC reader.

Codes that came up were

Nsr abs sensor
Yaw control
vsa brake switch

I changed the abs sensor and that light has gone but how can I remove the vsa as I have a feeling the yaw is related to that?

If I change the brake switch will that rectify my issue as cruise control seems to work fine.

Any help appreciated as I'd like to resolve asap as I've only driving the car 50 miles since ownership.

Many thanks Kane.

if your cruise control works then your brake switch is ok, and anyway VSA has nothing to do with the brake switch on the brake pedal

What were the actual codes, "vsa brake switch" is not the switch on the brake pedal

You need a vsa neutralisation procedure to be carried out. I offer this service if you want to drop me a line. Your vsa is disabled right now

I dont know a lot about cars but VSA relies on traction control.

84-1 is the code? Car is going into Honda on Tuesday to have the sensor memorization re programed.

F6HAD I have seen the pin 4 and 9 bridge but would rather it done properly.

Besides the obvious CAI and 30mm drop available for the CL9, is there any other options available to add a little more grunt? My other car is a version 3 wrx sti running about 460bhp with 380tq. A shorter throw would be nice? Buying the hardrace arb links as the rears are knocking typical fault...

I run the sequence with a honda machine mate. I've never used a paper clip for anything other than holding paper together!

Halifax and drop me a PM for pricing

Yep correct. I had someone clear an abs error on one of these with the latest snap on machine and it ended up wiping the calibration settings

I had to solve it with the hds

Other tools can communicate with abs ok. But to wipe calibration settings that takes some going! Either they got carried away playing with it or they didn't know what they were doing. I use a solus ultra as well as the hart. (That's what the hds is known as now) and even playing around I haven't managed to wipe anything. It is possible the yaw rate sensor has failed. Not common but does happen and if I remember correctly be prepared they are not cheap.

It was a Modus machine and he just cleared the abs error lol

sens3i have you found the solution?

I have Honda Accord 2006 Petrol 2.4 Type S. The /!\ lights is alway on and VSA join the fun after I drive above 22mpg. When I turn car off VSA light disappear, same behaviour as this thread: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12669-vsa/

The error code is 84-1. Tried paperclip and jump pin 9 with door hinge still no joy.
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/31353-error-code-84-vsa-sensor-neutral-position-memorization.html

I see that F6HAD has access to HDS but he is approx. 4 hours from my place. Any advise to fix this problem is appreciated :D

Cleared /!\ and VSA lights. It didn't work first time because I haven't get rid of ABS stored fault code. After clearing ABS fault code, it works straight away. Took me 5 minutes and saved £1800 :D

Feel free to PM me if anyone need help erasing 84-1 fault code.

Tell me to be quiet if you wish, I had the vsa flashing intermittently, and on inspection of the front suspension I found both ARB links snapped in half, replaced those and no more vsa flash.

I think I'm getting the intermittent issue developing. My VSA and triangle light came up for a single journey and hasn't been back on since! I thought I had it again the other day but realised I'd hit the button with my knee :p

Another update since having my rear calipers replaced which were binding my intermittent vsa light error has not been on since 4 days normally I would get once a day or more sometimes the brake caliper binding will upset the system and vsa light to appear so check your calipers to make sure there is no binding especially the rear as they are common to play up

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk