vtec issue P1259

stuartb

Members
Reaction score
Car
2001 Accord Vtec 2.0

Got this fault code, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I don't know the code, but I do know that the VTEC solenoid can sometimes fail on older Hondas. Could be one possibility. I'm sure some 6th ten dudes will be along shortly to help out.

Seen this before, it's normally the solenoid as already indicated. And they do fail..although not very common.

thanks everyone, that link looks very helpful Mr Honda, will give that a good read later

also call me daft but no I haven't checked the oil recently, lol, will do that no.1 priority when I go home

from other post. been asked if I have changed solenoid yet, answer was no, I questioned whether or not a load of Oil will leak out when I take it off. just so Im prepared with some way of catching it :)

another point to add Oil level looks ok on casual inspection

Finally, sort of forgot about the fault light for a moment a couple days ago, and nailed it in 3rd.. reached about 4k ish then it felt like I was hitting a limiter, or timing suddenly off for some reason, backed off and it went back to normal again. wondering if that is a limp home mode it's gone into, or some sort of indicator as to the cause? thought I'd add it anyway in case someone can say oh yes that definitely......... (insert fault here) ......

:)

will be looking into this in detail at the weekend, inc. getting the volt meter out to check leads as per link above