What's new

Washing machine

Might be tight...

Get the tape measure out.

Really? With the seats down, surely it will fit!

Roof tapers in quite a bit from the sides and the hatch, plus the seats dont lie quite flat.

I knew the 8th gen was smaller, but didn't realise you'd struggle to get a washing machine in! Sure you can, I mean I've put a washing machine in my Mum's Fabia with the seats down.

I've put a washing machine in the boot of my mk2 Golf before, I'd hope that the 8th gen Accord Tourer is a more capable load Luger than my beat up old Golf :lol:

I couldnt get a chest freezer in mine but got it in my dads mk4 ibiza.Iv also got the speakers in the boot that stick out so makes it even smaller.

:lol: yeah, I thought seats down was a given. I think I'd struggle to get a washing machine in the back of my Isuzu without putting the seats down!

The 7th gen is a hearse lol. You could fit an entire 8th gen in the back of a 7th.

You wanna see real boot space.. Try the FRV!!

I squeezed a full size 3 seater leather sofa from IKEA in the back of ours

Having just had a similar quandary over a chest of drawers, I'll be carrying this on my phone for future reference. It's very rough and ready as every surface curves and tapers making definitive measurement tricky. If nothing else it'll make deciding between "piece of cake", "no chance" and "possibly if the child seats come out" a bit easier.

8thGenTourerApproxBootSize_zpsggblqk3r.jpg

P.S. Based on this I reckon you might just about get a 60x60x82 washing machine in on its back. Owing to the (rubbish) curve of the boot you might have to drop the rear seat if you want the lid to close fully.