What's new

Weak headlights

exec

Members
Reaction score
Car
'99 2.0 SE Exec
Both me and my Dad have the 6 gen Accord and on both of our cars the headlights seem very weak, they barely light up the road, was wondering if this is a 6gen wide issue or not.

Was thinking of trying these as they are meant to be a lot brighter than normal bulbs: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-12972-BVUSM-Vision-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B00440CWE4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1357153093&sr=8-9

Anyone tried these? if so any good?

Yeah I must say I noticed my lights seemed relatively weak compared to other cars I had driven. I don't know if it is a peculiarity of the 6th or not :huh:

Probably about the same as Osram Nightbreakers, so pretty much as good as you can legally fit... Philips Diamond Vision lamps would be better, but don't have the necessary Euro approvals.

Most older cars I find tend to have duller lights, but it's only noticeable as so many cars now have Halogen or HIDs. If it were 10 years ago, it would have been the norm to have lights like yours.

Both me and my Dad have the 6 gen Accord and on both of our cars the headlights seem very weak, they barely light up the road, was wondering if this is a 6gen wide issue or not.

Was thinking of trying these as they are meant to be a lot brighter than normal bulbs: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-12972-BVUSM-Vision-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B00440CWE4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1357153093&sr=8-9

Anyone tried these? if so any good?

Just bought those bulbs 2 weeks ago. Difference is huge compared to " ordinary" bulb. Even with dull lights. Got the lens restoration kit few days ago so it will be more noticeable.
DonĀ“t know how long they will last but worth the money in my opinion.

Jeff

my 6th gen was ok, but my 7th gen seems to suffer from lack of light on dipped beam, full beam is fine, but dipped is almost as good as not having them

Self Levelling HIDs for the win boys. You can see reflective things like high vis jackets and road signs from miles away. I sometimes see high vis jackets hanging in the back of HGV cabins as they drive the other way. They're just mental bright, yet since I've had my beams correctly adjusted, I have no issues with people flashing me, thinking I've got my main beams on. An amazing invention and very safe from my point of view.

HiDs in my ATR are useless in the rain. Just pants.

Really :unsure: ? How come?

Really :unsure: ? How come?
HIDs emit light at the blue end of the visible spectrum, with very little red/orange component. Filament lamps emit light with a far greater red/orange component which is much less likely to be absorbed by any moisture content in the air.

6th Gen headlights are *****.

Best headlights i have had on a Honda were my 1st Gen Accord followed by my 5th Gen Accord. They were pretty ***** on the Prelude, but utterly ***** in the ATR.

I have Osram 5000k D2Rs in mine and they are OK in the dry (vast improvement on the standard HID bulbs), but as luvmyaccord rightly says, they are pants in the wet. Almost as if they aren't even on.

My advice will be to get the best H4s (or H7s or whatever they are in your Accord), something like Ring Xenon Max, Osram Nightbreakers or Philips Xenon Extreme.

Get some W5W LED cluster bulbs for the side lights too, the side lights are almost pointless on the Accord, but at least the LEDs look cool :D