What's new

What exactly do I need to fit a set of RX8 alloys

Swervin Mervin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jazz
Thanks for the info guys....I've tried searching with no luck. :ph34r:

They do fit but believe you may need custom spiggots. Take a look in F6hads (Fahads) thread on his car as he had them on his Accord a couple of years ago.

They do fit but believe you may need custom spiggots. Take a look in F6hads (Fahads) thread on his car as he had them on his Accord a couple of years ago.

Thanks mate.

roof bars are easy, make sure they are the correct ones for your year as the studs moved on the facelift ones 2006>

roof bars are easy, make sure they are the correct ones for your year as the studs moved on the facelift ones 2006>

Thanks mate. How do they attach? Does the roof lining need to be dropped? I'm ***uming that piece of trim that runs the length of the car either side on the roof has to be removed / cut?

I'm liking 'em a lot and may get a set and lower it a tad. What do I need to fit em? (spacers and such! I know I need a jack lol)

Nothing really.

They will fit straight away.

The accord oem offset is 55, the rx8 wheels are 50. So no problem there.

A wrench could be handy.

I thought the offset was 45 though?

Is the centre bore the same too?

I sure Faddy had RX8 wheels he might be the best person to ask lol

I sure Faddy had RX8 wheels he might be the best person to ask lol

he had 18 inch mazda rims and sold them onto another forum member.
did monks not have rx8 rims on for a while?

Mate try a search this has all been covered before.

They will be a straight fit but centre bore is bigger so spigott rings honda bore ie 64.1 to mazda 67.1 will be needed to be safe. As has been said the offset is 50mm so will give you a 10mm wider track (5mm either side) this will change the feel of the car. Some love that change some dont, I liked it personally but you will want your geometry spot on if you lower it so its no big deal.

With regards to spiggot rings there was a company on ebay who would make some up bespoke out of billet but they had a tendancy to fuse to the wheel.

Monksy's covered it. I didn't have RX8 rims but Monksy did... either get plastic rings that take your bore from 67.1mm down to 64.1mm or get some Alloy ones made up. I would also recommend you obtain the Mazda wheel nuts that come with the rims as their seat will be designed to fit the Mazda rim. Honda use 19mm bolts wheras Mazda use 21mm.

I new one of the Admin team had them it was Andy then not Fahad :rolleyes:

Yeah I had CX7 rims, similr principle though.