What's new

Whats The Max BHP Achievable?

taurasmark

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Type S
Hi Guy's, I was just wondering what the max BHP anyone has achieved with the 2.4 Type S and how they managed to achieve it?

Welcome to the forum mate.
As suffian says around the 330 bhp mark but the internals will need some work.
Are you thinking about doing this?

It all depends on budget....... :rolleyes:

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66788

As above, Automek in Glasgow are building a K24 powered Lotus Time Attack car . . . estimating over 500bhp . . . at least !

There is a British owner on TSX Club with a standard ECU and various power mods sitting at around 250bhp.

I'm at 209bhp with my full cold air intake, so next is revised TB, de-cat and manifold.

Thought the Euro R Accord used the DC5 engine so its a 2.2 not the 2.4?
The dc5 engine(k20A) is a 2.0 litre dohc not a 2.2 :) the dc5 (depending on what model egc a.c or no a.c) is much lighter. Its total power output of 220ps (160kw) /8000rpm and torque of 206nm is much easier to shift than the euro r due to she size and overall weight of the accord. The accord euro r is fitted with same k20A 2.0 engine as the dc5.

Also look into k24/k20 frankenstein engine conversions...you will be amazed at the power achievable. ..

As above, Automek in Glasgow are building a K24 powered Lotus Time Attack car . . . estimating over 500bhp . . . at least !

There is a British owner on TSX Club with a standard ECU and various power mods sitting at around 250bhp.

I'm at 209bhp with my full cold air intake, so next is revised TB, de-cat and manifold.

Hello Paul, you gained 19bhp just from a full cold air intake?

Guys thanks for all the replies, I just bought my Accord 2.4 Type S the other day, I raced it against my 206 gti and it couldn't even get past it :( I need more power lol

Guys thanks for all the replies, I just bought my Accord 2.4 Type S the other day, I raced it against my 206 gti and it couldn't even get past it :( I need more power lol
Just a polite note mate, we don't promote street racing on here.

What year id your type s buddy ??? If you got the right year then a simple ecu tweaking can get things moving :)

I've not modded myself but I've looked into it and from what I've read short ram intake for torque (if you want bhp long intake), plus exahaust manifold, plus custom exhaust = about 10-20 bhp and beefs up the torque curve a bit before the vtec switch over. ECU remap might liberate a few more bhp but needs all of the above to get the maximum benefit anyway. That lot will set you back the best part of £1k. After that it gets very expensive. As others have said, big power comes from turbo or supercharging. But if you want to blow away hot hatches you're starting in the wrong place. The Accord is a great car and the K2.4 a great engine but it can't overcome the laws of physics.

Hi Paul do you have any Pics of you Intake system cause thats an impressive gain just from a cold air intake. That with a RE MAP and custom manifold and exhaust would see fantastic gains i would imagine.

Cheers

Brittz

Plus the car looks smashing mate (best colour :D )

Its not possible to get 19BHP from an intake

The Accord K24 is a good car, quite quick and fun to drive for its size but if you want fast you're not going to get it from the Accord unless you spend many thousands of pounds

19BHP from a Cold Air Intake is a bit of a stretch really isn't. Maybe 5, 10 at a real push depending on the nature of the engine, but for a 19BHP gain you probably want to do intake and outlet upgrades.

The highest HP on a stock K24 is about 850bhp, ill be running a Rotrex in the near future and ill be aiming for a BAR of boost and aiming for about 400-450bhp. I made 20bhp from a full exhaust system and short ram intake, but that exhaust cost me £2000 so you do pay for what you get.