What's new

Which replacement air intake / filter to use ?

Smudger32

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 Accord Type-V
I am looking to replace the air intake / filter on my Accord and am looking for recommendations ?
It has a 2.3 engine if that helps ?

Thanks

Hi mate, depends what your looking to achieve.

If your looking for a sporty induction raw then an Induction kit is what you want

If your looking for no increase in sound but want better flow/filtration the an Apexi, HKS or K&N panel filter will give you crisper throttle response and better flow.
Let me know what you fancy doing and ill give ya some links the some parts ;)

TonyK7ng87 said:
Hi mate, depends what your looking to achieve.

If your looking for a sporty induction raw then an Induction kit is what you want

If your looking for no increase in sound but want better flow/filtration the an Apexi, HKS or K&N panel filter will give you crisper throttle response and better flow.
Let me know what you fancy doing and ill give ya some links the some parts ;)
Thanks Tony
I was thinking about just replacing the panel filter as it is simpler and I had not found an induction kit listed for my engine. However I would be interested in both
Cheers

thats a great induction kit but ****** pricey lol.

Would you like me to list some links for panel filters for ya?

Ive always made my own induction kits in the past with carbon tubing ect and Apexi or Spoon Filters ;)

Not had my car long enough yet but when i know shes a good'en then ill be designing a new induction kit for her. I will also be selling them in the future too ;)

TonyK7ng87 said:
thats a great induction kit but ****** pricey lol.

Would you like me to list some links for panel filters for ya?

Ive always made my own induction kits in the past with carbon tubing ect and Apexi or Spoon Filters ;)

Not had my car long enough yet but when i know shes a good'en then ill be designing a new induction kit for her. I will also be selling them in the future too ;)
Yes please

When you have made one post a pic,
I might be interested

Cheers

Tony your no joking its pricey but **** me its the best lol a think in next coming months ill get the one for the 2 litre and fit it too mine ;)

I like to make sure folk are awake in the morning when am heading out lol

IMHO I'd just go for the cheap £25 ebay induction kit jobbies, and buy a decent cone filter to go on the end. I don't think there's any more to be gained out of the 2.3 engine from going with a more expensive induction kit. I had an ebay short ram pipe and it it sounded mega, and made the throttle response slightly sharper.

Or alternatively as suggested above high-flow panel filters are a good solution. I have one on my BB4 Prelude and it sounds better than stock - not as loud as an induction kit though. Plus using the stock airbox and resonator means I'm not sacrificing mid-range torque! :)

Resonator does hee haw mate.. get it out.. and get some flexible pipe onto the airbox.. more air flow.. wont have a short ram as there crap during summer mate.. unless you have a way of protecting it.. ive got a panel filter the now but want the engine bay looking tidy for shows

And yeh tony and I start it while its in the garage and wait till its heated up before driving away lol

I've got K&N. Probably about time I cleaned it actually :unsure:

Anyone tried the icebox intake for k20?

To be honest i think that icebox thing is a massive rip off.
its no different to a normal air box, i cant seem anything to be gained buy that compared to the stock box with panel filter

^ The Comptech Icebox is the best around mate, it's not just about how it looks but how it works, they are expensive though and I've seen thread in the past on yank forums where people have DIYed a similar setup.

yeah i read up on it. it works in exactly the same way as your stock filter housing. seems like alot of hype and alot of wonga to me mate. if u popped an adaptor in your stock airbox u could fit a small cone inside that too lol