What's new

whistling noise

sorry to say but have to agree with the guys on this.

fair comments but i will have to disagree about nothing being wrong with the car.when you can hear whistle even with your stereo on when you accelerating or reving when standing there is definitely something wrong(please dont say is the speakers.its not)thanks anyway.

Zoran - aorry mate, not trying to upset/offend you.

Is there any chance you can post up a sound clip? Or get together with another local member and compare engine sounds.

i am not upset at any of you.i do apologise if i gave you that impression,i am just annoyed with the car,thats all.i will try to record noise and upload it if i can.i do appreciate your comments and advice.

no worries bud, we'e all here to help one another.

It's very frustrating to someone being fleeced by garages and giving the car poor rep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hWlnlQisE&feature=channel_video_title. hi guys! if you wanna listen to this video and than tell me if i am worrying over nothing.thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hWlnlQisE&feature=channel_video_title. hi guys! if you wanna listen to this video and than tell me if i am worrying over nothing.thank you

Zoran,

How long ago was the last service done, what grade oil was put in ?

Does it sound the same when under load?

you say the noise goes once the car is at temp, is this completely or does it just decrease?

hi!
service was done 5000 miles ago but.i couldnt tell you what oil did they put as i never asked.it does sound exactly the same under load if not a bit louder.
i will try to post another video when driving it.
i cant hear it anymore once the temp goes up to normal working temp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FurzMJscpM
hi guys. i do apologise for quality of the video but if you turn up your speakers and listen few first seconds you should be able to hear clearly the noise i am describing.
thanks for watching
any help would be much appreciated

Actually I think I can hear a hint of turbo whale in there... but I'm not sure

When cold mine does sound almost the same as this.

thanks for reply brett.
it must be me then.i dont know much about cars but if you all think thats normal i wont bother you anymore.
thanks everyone for their opinions and advice!

Could be the mic - but the deep noise sounds like a problem with the zaust. the Turbo does seem to have a strange Whooing noise towards the peak of revs. Still, it is worth the drive to have CJ listen.

Some say his ears are calibrated each year by is masters in the Cassimo droidworks.

And that he is confused by the existence of British manufacturing industry.

All we know is...

thanks for reply brett.
it must be me then.i dont know much about cars but if you all think thats normal i wont bother you anymore.
thanks everyone for their opinions and advice!
To be honest you have me a bit worried now :lol: if mine is ok.I noticed this about 2 months ago and my 1st fault was cracked manifold so don't write this off yet until we no for sure.As with you there is no smell nor signs under the bonnet.
Im pretty sure though its just a lively turbo has your car been remapped.You might think its standard but nether presume as the previous owner might have had it done.

didn't Ged have a mystery map on his car when Faddy did his work at HH?

yep he did Dan if i remember the boost levels were at a dangers level

i dont think is been remmaped as the car belonged to british sugar and i am the second owner.
i drove my mate accord the other day,power is about the same and i am sure his is not remapped

Zoran,

Really you need to compare the sound with another members car to have some sort of a balanced view. There are a lot of tuned cars out there, but even if it was tuned, revving it standing still (not under load) wouldn't change the sound really, even if the turbo was being pushed very hard.

Brett - if I remember yours actually had some maps missing and was detuned in a bad way, so there are cowboys out there messing things up, but I don't believe that's happening here..

i need a bit of advice seeing that a lot of you think it might be cracked exhaust manifold.
whats the best way to approach dealer with this? do i tell them straight that i think is that or do i tell them symptoms and they work it out?will they tell the truth though?
thank you!

If you're coming to see CJ at the weekend, he'll be able to tell you straight away.

I concur - HUK are difficult to gauge with their response to borderline cases.

Hi guys!
just a quick update on that noise.
just come back from leeds with big smile on my face and very happy.
been to see the man himself CJ and he had a good look at the car. air flow tube hasnt been conected properly .
CJ done full health check and test drive.
car is sound as a pound.
thank you all for comments and advice!

Glad you've got it sorted CJ certainly knows his stuff!

Nice one! Glad it wss something minor. Top marks to the CJ!

Nice one zoran im glad its sorted what caused this.
Was it the same thing Andy had.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3260-fault-code-p1401/

have a look at his thread all new accord owners,there is full report on my car

Hi,

I've got the same problem on my car. Where is this pipe/tube in the engine bay? I've tried looking under the acoustic cover but not found anything loose/wrong.

Cheers