What's new

white wheels

White's a bit on the loud side, but I've always been a fan. Would get white wheels myself if I had a drive way and more opportunities to clean the car. 16s however is too small in my opinion. The wheels will shout "hey look at my sporty stylings" but the 16" rim will look small in the wheel arch and therefore look a little silly. In my opinion, if you're going to for an eye catching colour, it will look best in 17" or larger.

The thing is I don't really want to lose the ride quality of 16 feel compare to 17 hard ride. I am sure they would look better than the original 16 honda alloy wheels

To be honest, I don't think there's much difference between the 16 and 17 as far as ride comfort goes. I've only ever had 17s on mine and the ride is fine. I've even lowered it and it's still ok.

I have 2 accord executives 1 with 17 and 1 with 16. The 1 with 16 is more comfortable to drive local you don't feel all the bumps and cracks on the road. With 17 you get the feel of the road as if the car was lowered.

16s definitely more comfortable. You lose ride comfort when you go to the 45 profile tyre on a 17 inch rim. The 16s have much more sidewall to cope with the UK's roads.

I think white 16s will look crap personally.

Yeah. I would say that for me shock after changing my 16" to 18" was bigger then after coilovers installing.. i know 18" it is even bigger but before buying those alloys i've made little research and what ppl were saying is everything above 16" is much more umcomfortable

Is the difference between 16s and 17s that significant then? I was possibly looking at some deep dish black 16" steelies (going for the A-Team GMC look!). If it's going to look good and give me a little more ride comfort, I might have to seriously consider it!

Yes the ride is definitely a lot better drove both cars today same route 16 lot more comfortable less bumping and harsher ride. A ride your granny would love.

I've got the factory 17's on my 2006ex and I find the ride to be soft and wallowy, my wifes mk6 FIesta on 15"s feels firmer!

White wheels look nice on some small hatchback which will fill the arch nicely, but on a large ship like the Accord, definitely not.

Well, the white wheels looked good on Lvov's Accord back in the WTCC days :)

440029.jpg

My winter wheels are 205/55/16 Nokian, and the ride is much softer than summer 225/45/17. The steering is still very sharp, but that's probably because of the polyurethane everywhere.

I sprayed my penta's white if that helps.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/18335-my-cl9-pre-facelift-type-s

I had 16's before i put the 17" pentas on...the ride was much softer with the 16s, which when combined with the coilovers gave a floaty feeling which was not nice. Upgrading to 17s gave me less of that bounce and now more firm. Either way, 16s with stock suspension was fine, i think the wheels are lighter too so probably accelerated faster lol. I personally prefer low profile tyres all day long, as the steering is more responsive and can corner harder!

Fine on 18's too.

FWIW I used to run 17" Nokian WR A3's on my Subaru Legacy over winter.
Slack as anything on the sidewalls, and you could feel the extra slip angle through the steering compared to the 18's I used in the summer.

Comparitively the Honda steers like a pig anyway, so the difference would be less noticeable.