What's new

Why is that?

AndyHK

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Executive
Let's ***ume that factory OEM xenon headlights and headlight washers are install together.......My car has the headlight washers system, but headlights are using tradition halogen bulbs, why is that? I don't get it......

Because its pointless to ***ume that. Majority of execs came with washer jets and halogen bulbs

Facelift Execs had washers but Halogens. The Xenon was an optional extra. On the pre-facelift exec, the xenons and washers were standard. What year is your car?

It could also have simply been an optional extra bought by the person who originally ordered the car, if yours isn't an Exec that is.

TypeR said:
Because its pointless to ***ume that. Majority of execs came with washer jets and halogen bulbs
Really? I'm new to this Honda world (since Wednesday afternoon lol) didn't know the washer jet is standard in executive trim, my workmate has a 04 executive model, but no washer jets, that's why I ask this, and now I feel daft :(

Stevearcade said:
Facelift Execs had washers but Halogens. The Xenon was an optional extra. On the pre-facelift exec, the xenons and washers were standard. What year is your car?

It could also have simply been an optional extra bought by the person who originally ordered the car, if yours isn't an Exec that is.
Mind is 06 executive with all the equipment--DVD, sat nav, full leather etc etc, except the xenon lights

AndyHK said:
Really? I'm new to this Honda world (since Wednesday afternoon lol) didn't know the washer jet is standard in executive trim, my workmate has a 04 executive model, but no washer jets, that's why I ask this, and now I feel daft :(
Execs should come with washer jets. Why does he think its an exec?

06 is facelift. Your mates should have all the interior toys yours has to qualify as Exec. Leather, heated, electric seats. Premium sound system with 6CD changer. Sat Nav (although there were a tiny amount of first run 2003 Exec models without SatNav). I'm sure there are more little toys, but I can't think what they are right now. Double check his spec. He might not actually have an exec?

Yours sounds like a Facelift Exec, hence the washers, but no Xenons. Hope that helps.

If anything, you're doing alright without without xenons. There's a reason Honda dropped them as standard. The self levelling sensors on the suspension break and now that's an MOT failure! Trust me, I've been there! Right faff!

On prefacelift 2.4 petrol exec has xenon lights as standard, not the diesel

Thanks for the details guys, just placed a huge order for full-house of LEDs, and of course the HID kit :)

BTW, anybody knows the answer to my question in the other post about the Sat-Nav DVD?

Remember that if you're replacing standard bulbs with LEDs, some of them will require a "ballast" thingy because the resistance is way less than standard bulbs. Otherwise indicators will flash too fast, the car will think bulbs are out, etc.

I just placed the order through Jav, so he will look after it and make sure everything are capable to my car :)