What's new

Wow! I Bought One!

Sit

Members
Reaction score
Car
Car-less!
Well some of you may have read my other thread 'After a Bit of Advice' in which i finished stating i was going to look at a petrol Type S due to concerns over the diesel engine etc........

Contrary to this, today i have placed a deposit on a '55 reg diesel Exec and i am chuffed to bits! Its the exact colour/spec combo i was after with the wheels i wanted so i am over the moon, hopefully pick it up Thurs so will keep you posted.

Heres a link to the ad -

My New Tourer

Si

Oh dear what have you done??? bound to have all sorts of problems with it. :lol: Happy motoring from now on, best motor I have ever owned, loads of grunt and long distances between fill ups.

Good work, that man.

I hope you have years of trouble-free motoring.

Well some of you may have read my other thread 'After a Bit of Advice' in which i finished stating i was going to look at a petrol Type S due to concerns over the diesel engine etc........

Contrary to this, today i have placed a deposit on a '55 reg diesel Exec and i am chuffed to bits! Its the exact colour/spec combo i was after with the wheels i wanted so i am over the moon, hopefully pick it up Thurs so will keep you posted.

Heres a link to the ad -

My New Tourer

Si
Nice one Si when you get it give us a buzz and i pope over to have a look as your in the same town :)

Congratulations bud!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I originally set out looking for a grey Tourer with those alloys and after seeing loads which were wrong colour/wheels/mileage/age etc. i got dispondent and started looking at compromises both within the Accord range and also other manufacturers - some of which i would of never normally considered!

Today my Honda S2000 was booked in at local Honda dealer and i was totally blown away by the service i received and thought to myself i need another Honda, when i got home i had an eBay notification to say there were some new Accords which had been listed. Flicked onto the list and this one was top, as soon as i saw it i knew it was the one (how corny does that sound!) but its true, i called the guy he walked me round it whilst on the phone and i gave him a deposit.

Train leaves 9.30 Thurs morning and i cannot wait - its the most practical car i have ever bought but for me, right now it makes sense and i feel comfortable with the choice.

Have a few things i would like to do - ***ign personal plate, privacy glass at the back and look into a rear monitor setup/roof mounted setup for my daughter to watch some movies on some of the longer family holidays we have planned this year.

Brett - I am actually in W-s-M but sure we could meet up somewhere for a drink and cross examination! I put Bristol because in my experience more people have heard of it!

Si

nice buy mate... I'm sure you'll like it :)

Well done for buying the best car in the best colour! All you need now is for Fahad to give it a boost into a very smooth and fast ride!

Thanks very much for your kind comments, can't wait to get it home and give it a proper detail and get my plates on.

Been reading about Fahad's magic maps and they sound superb! What power increase do you get on the diesel? I realise it's not all about the power and people speak of the overall driving performance but interested to know how a 2.2 diesel performs?

Will keep this thread up to date and add some proper pics when it's home.

One question - would this have xenon lights as standard? I can see the little washer hatches but doesn't always mean it's got xenons I have been told.

Cheers

Si

I would definitely recommend the Stage 1 with EGR delete that Fahad did for me, as soon as i had it done, i wished i'd done it sooner. It smooths the power out and gives you a much more driveable car with none of the hesitation i was getting from waiting for the egr to close, i think the power gets up to 185 but lots more torque too.

Sounds like a good buy mate, well done.

Stage 1 @ 180bhp/285lbft
Stage 2 @ 192bhp/325lbft

Get to know the car a bit first, and then if you decide to go for it, give me a shout and we'll discuss your requirements.

Sounds like a good buy mate, well done.

Stage 1 @ 180bhp/285lbft
Stage 2 @ 192bhp/325lbft

Get to know the car a bit first, and then if you decide to go for it, give me a shout and we'll discuss your requirements.

Thanks Fahad like you say I will get it home and see what's what then give you a bell, thanks for the figures - very impressive!!!

Si

tidytourer.com :lol: . Good colour and wheel combo indeed. It's amazing what you get for your money with these cars. Seriously under £4K for all that. Amazing. Just a shame it's not a 2.4 petrol ;) :lol: (just kidding ;) ).

Happy Honda, Happy Motoring :)

HIDs are not standard on the EX bud.

Thanks guys, compared to similarly priced 3 Series, A4, Mundano's the Accord beats them hands down on spec and price it really is a great package.

Thanks for that Dan, fingers crossed someone ticked the box then as I am a huge fan of xenon lights and don't really want to be fiddling about with HID kits etc.

One question - a couple of Accord's I looked at had a spare wheel and some didn't, instead had a huge storage space under boot floor with a sealant solution and pump - was it optional to have a spare or pump combo?

Si

Spares were optional sadly. You can fit a full size wheel in if you remove the lining.

That sounds odd doesn't it - spare wheel optional! Lol! Thanks for that Dan, never user the sealant type stuff before!

Si

Get a spare man. Whether it be a full size or a space saver. I didn't have one and had a blow out. Took me 4 hours to get home (10 miles away from said blowout). Not cool.

Ok spare on list of things to get sorted, was dubious about the gloopy stuff!

Si

Yeah man, that gunk is useless:lol:

Congrats on the new purchase dude!! You're gonna love the drive home :lol:

Looks like a nice buy!

W-s-M is my old stomping ground although I'm in Sheffield these days. If you need a good garage I'd definately recommend Dave Flew at Delta Automotive Engineering. Ok, he's an old friend but he's as honest as they come and looks after each car like his own. He's the only one I trust to work on my car so I always schedule a service with a long weekend to see my folks.

Enjoy the trip to pick it up!

Morning guys

Well yesterday was a long day but so so pleased! Left Weston Super Mare at 09.30hrs on train to Bristol, changed at Bristol for train to London Paddington. Got off at Pad and boarded the tube to Euston square, walked to Euston overground station and caught train to Kings Langley, Hertfordshire arriving at 13.30hrs!!

Anyway I was met at the train station by the dealer and driven 5 mins up the road to some almighty electric gates, when they opened I was like a kid in a sweet shop - Ferrari 612, Bentley Contiental GTC, Range Rover Sports, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder the list goes on but taking pride of place was my new Accord.

Quick look round it revealed nothing I didn't already know, started it up and sounded peachy, checked operation of boot which was lovely and smooth. Checked under boot floor and food I had a spare wheel - bonus! The car was loaded with extras some of which the dealer didn't realise, you probably got the idea it wasn't his 'usual' stock! Signed the docs, paid the balance and off I went.

Car was supremely quiet and composed belying it's 97,000 reading on the odometer, could have done a quarter of that and you wouldn't have known. The seats were like armchairs, the premium sound system was great and I settled into my drive home. Sadly the weather wasn't up to much and travelled through some severe rain and hail storms but the car didn't miss a beat.

Got home after 2 1/2 hrs driving and felt fresh as a daisy, the car is brilliant and by far the best purchase I have made to date. It needs a few odds and ends doing, couple of little bits of paint on front bumper, a damn good detail and valet inside but other than that it will be thrust into family life.

Initial impressions suggest it will fit right in, thanks for everyone's help over the last few weeks the site and knowledge has been invaluable.

Keep you posted and will get some pics up when it's clean.

Si

Nice one So, congratulations!

Morning guys

Well yesterday was a long day but so so pleased! Left Weston Super Mare at 09.30hrs on train to Bristol, changed at Bristol for train to London Paddington. Got off at Pad and boarded the tube to Euston square, walked to Euston overground station and caught train to Kings Langley, Hertfordshire arriving at 13.30hrs!!

Anyway I was met at the train station by the dealer and driven 5 mins up the road to some almighty electric gates, when they opened I was like a kid in a sweet shop - Ferrari 612, Bentley Contiental GTC, Range Rover Sports, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder the list goes on but taking pride of place was my new Accord.

Quick look round it revealed nothing I didn't already know, started it up and sounded peachy, checked operation of boot which was lovely and smooth. Checked under boot floor and food I had a spare wheel - bonus! The car was loaded with extras some of which the dealer didn't realise, you probably got the idea it wasn't his 'usual' stock! Signed the docs, paid the balance and off I went.

Car was supremely quiet and composed belying it's 97,000 reading on the odometer, could have done a quarter of that and you wouldn't have known. The seats were like armchairs, the premium sound system was great and I settled into my drive home. Sadly the weather wasn't up to much and travelled through some severe rain and hail storms but the car didn't miss a beat.

Got home after 2 1/2 hrs driving and felt fresh as a daisy, the car is brilliant and by far the best purchase I have made to date. It needs a few odds and ends doing, couple of little bits of paint on front bumper, a damn good detail and valet inside but other than that it will be thrust into family life.

Initial impressions suggest it will fit right in, thanks for everyone's help over the last few weeks the site and knowledge has been invaluable.

Keep you posted and will get some pics up when it's clean.

Si

Did you not ask to test drive the others, just to ensure you were making the right choice !

Sounds like everything went well, it's nice when that happens.