What's new

2.0 iVTEC Service

Blong91

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport 2.0
Hi all, looking to get my 2003 prefacelift 2.0i-VTEC k20a6 serviced soon. I am looking online and see that many parts (oil, fuel, air filters etc.) are alot cheaper than other brands. I know the diesel is very picky about the genuine honda fuel filter, but what is the petrol like and should I steer clear and just go for Bosch everything for example?

Also, is there any guides of the changing of the petrol fuel filter? Thanks

petrols are less picky than diesels..
no need for bosch this and bosch that.

any decent oil and filter will d,. castrol i use myself. 5w30

why change the petrol fuel filter, i don't think it needs changing no many seem to change it. Stevo and the gang can clarify.

toffee_pie said:
petrols are less picky than diesels..
no need for bosch this and bosch that.

any decent oil and filter will d,. castrol i use myself. 5w30

why change the petrol fuel filter, i don't think it needs changing no many seem to change it. Stevo and the gang can clarify.
Happy days, £43 from ECP for 5ltr 10w-40, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, 4 spark plugs. Hard to beat that lol. Then I will get my transmission fluid from Honda. I think for the sake of £4 I might as well do the fuel filter. Anyone any idea on its location and is it easier than the diesels to do?

You'll have to lift the rear seats to get at the fuel filter on the petrol. Not at all common to do and TBH, I wouldn't bother unless you're having fueling issues or know that that tank has been contaminated.

Like toffee_pie has said, the Petrol is waaaaaayyyy less fickle than the diesel on its consumables. However, I normally use a Honda oil filter as a force of habit, it's the one thing I don't want the flow to block in. Oh and NGK for the sparks.

If I were you, I'd get the genuine Honda oil filter. They can be got from the local dealer for not much more than the Unipart or similar items. Due to the higher than average oil pressure in a Vtec engine, other filters can tend to break down and fill your oilways clogged with bits of paper.

I will go for a genuine one next time, but I serviced it all today: oil, oil filter, plugs, air filter, pollen filter and transmission fluid. Absolutely shocked at the increase in performance lol, think my car was begging for a service

Hi there its easy change oil filter and oil i mean my need some knowledge about sump bolt thread left or right and oil filter thanks 2.0 ivtec 06 reg

Big mistake.

I doubt ECP are supplying you the correct fuel filter for £4 mate. We did this on my wife's FRV recently and its inside the tank and part of the sender unit. It's a tricky job and a dealer only part.

I would also use a fully synthetic oil either 5w40 or 5w30

Had you tried our affiliated main dealer Holdcroft Honda you would have seen the prices are actually not that different.

driukas said:
Hi there its easy change oil filter and oil i mean my need some knowledge about sump bolt thread left or right and oil filter thanks 2.0 ivtec 06 reg
Not sure of the question. But if I read it right, I think the answer is - yes, it's easy to do a service on a petrol.

Both the oil and sump nut have the same rules - Righty tightly, lefty loosen. In other words clockwise tightens the bolt/filter, anti-clockwise loosens.