What's new

85 ex r

Mini that's a damn good car. When's it going to Captain's for the paintwork - I want to see it in the flesh?

To be honest I would say keep it totally original.

I agree! There are so few of these 2nd generation Accords around, I think you'd be mad to modify it! It's begging to be returned it to it's full splendor as the day if left the factory, that's what it deserves! Mind you, I think it looks in great condition for the age to begin with! :)

I agree! There are so few of these 2nd generation Accords around, I think you'd be mad to modify it! It's begging to be returned it to it's full splendor as the day if left the factory, that's what it deserves! Mind you, I think it looks in great condition for the age to begin
every one has advise me to keep it origanal. so factory origanal it is. well .......... the wheels and tyes are a bit thin, may be a set of alloys extra only. open to suggestions. thanks

Just maybe paint the bumpers and rims, then just a full detail. leave it at that

hi everyone. bit of an update on my ex-r. i decided it was time to get it mot'ed and treat it to a full respray. as it has been parked up for a few months, it was a bit dusty to say the least so my son give it a quick wash yesterday, and it has come up pretty good. today i put some jump leads on, pulled the choke out and hey presto as you would guess with an old honda it started first time :D :D . i left it started for a while so the battery would charge up and also let the fan kick in. then DROVE it to the mot station :p :p and it drove really good. love the power steering its light as a feather and got a few good looks from the public. all the electrics work including the headlight washwipes B) . anyway going to start takeing it apart and preping it tomarrow evening (saturday) so if any one is free your more than welcome to come and help :blush: . also took some photos so here you go.
01042011392.jpg

ps i need a o/s/r brake light and a n/s front wing. thanks in advance.

Nice accord bro, that MOT place looks familiar as does the people in the pictures.
Where did you get it done?

Nice accord bro, that MOT place looks familiar as does the people in the pictures.
Where did you get it done?
thanks, the mot place is called roopyal auto center, they used to be on roseville road but have now move to new place on dolly lane.

thanks, the mot place is called roopyal auto center, they used to be on roseville road but have now move to new place on dolly lane.
Oh yes, I know the place.

I do like your Accord, if you need a hand with anything just give me a shout, i'm from Leeds too. More than happy to help

hi, did a bit of stipping today (on the accord) :D . did all the easy bit but hopefully will remove the bumpers, door handles and other bits and bobs tomarow. also took a few photos again..........
02042011395.jpg

02042011394.jpg

02042011397.jpg

02042011396.jpg

Oh yes, I know the place.

I do like your Accord, if you need a hand with anything just give me a shout, i'm from Leeds too. More than happy to help
thanks for the offer shabz, might take you up on that. also you are welcome to come and have a look.
ps you have pm.

I can see a paint booth :wub: so mini you getting a proper job done!;)
yeh might as well treat the old accord to a top class job. also the booth is pritty new and its the first time i'm getting a car painted in a booth, so can wait for the final result.
ps, how are you doing

Cant fault ya, you cant beat a spray in a booth. What paint are you planning to use single stage or base coat?

I am fine bud just really busy not enough hours in the day..:(
2 pack i think.

Mini, car's looking good bro!

Is Captain painting this before or after the MR2? Man you'll have him too busy - we have stuff for him to do too :lol:

Mini, car's looking good bro!

Is Captain painting this before or after the MR2? Man you'll have him too busy - we have stuff for him to do too :lol:
yes hopefully he's gona paint it before the mr2, he's always busy but he still find time. resect to him.

by the way nothing got done today, lets hope i can get a few hour in tomarrow.

hi, got the door cards off today and the front speakers are shot and need replace'ing :( . any ideas of where to get some reasonably priced and quality set.

Mini just go for aftermarket - your nephew can get hold of them man!

hi, did a bit more today. striped the headlights, grill, front top panel and the mirrors. also i have been having problems with the door handles :huh: yeh your proberbly thinking "door handles" their easy. let me tell you no they are not. the back of the handle is screwed on to the rod which is connected to the locking mec. any way i have had a word with my mate captain who sprayed cj's gen 1, he has told me how the handles come off so i try again soon. some more picks.........
07042011446.jpg

07042011447.jpg

Mini just go for aftermarket - your nephew can get hold of them man!
come to think of it i have a pair of pioneers in the celler some where. just hope they are the same size.

Yeah I remember faffing around with those door handles on the 1st gen.. we were so worried about breaking something on CJ's prize motor.. and Captain just said move out of the way lads.. here goes... :lol: and it was off!

Looking good mini!! as for the door handles it easy when you know when you know how to remove that cotter slot pin. small flat head to pry the handle away then a bigger one to push the pin out .

simple but solid as hell. Who is painting the car then?
thanks cj, did'nt get time today to anything, hopefully captain will come soon and take the handles off.
hopefully captains gona paint it.

Yeah I remember faffing around with those door handles on the 1st gen.. we were so worried about breaking something on CJ's prize motor.. and Captain just said move out of the way lads.. here goes... :lol: and it was off!
yeh he normally has a cig break and then gets the job done :lol: .

i found a pair of sony speakers in my celler which should fit. i did have some new pioneer ones but could'ent find um. any way the sony's will do, they should sound pretty good, they are 110 watts max compaired to the sandard ones which are 10 watts, some difference eh. have a look........
08042011448.jpg

08042011449.jpg

Mini - so the old Shabba Ranks CD is coming out B)