What's new

Acceleration

It's ok mate, i know what you meant and i'm really glad you've always posted honest opinions. People looking into this don't always want to hear just praise, warts 'n all is the only real way to paint a true picture.

We've engineered the EGR OFF a certain way to make sure it's compliant with the MOT tests, that's why I wasn't worried about it.

Cheers
Thanks for everyone on this forum, ive read through these threads and put my mind at ease as i have had the stage 2 egr off tune from Fhad and am over the moon with the performance but was concerned with a little extra smoke when giving it some welli . Going to change the fuel filter for a genuine honda /bosch filter and see if it improves.
I have 1 question could i spray some sort of cleaner through the air intake to clean the intake manifold would this be possible or work?
Thanks again Fhad your a gent, mine was the blue tourer.

Tempting, but I think it's a bad idea. You'd have to do this with the engine running in order to draw the cleaner in, a lot of it will simply be absorbed into the air filter, but what does get through will then be sucked in too quickly to have much benefit (and will certainly affect the running). You might actually succeed in cleaning the MAF sensor this way, but it's a bit wasteful. Better to remove a few components and clean it manually - and then all the ******* liberated can be thrown away, rather than put through your engine.

I wouldn't start cleaning things at random without a good reason, as I've seen a few threads where guys have failed to get the car put back together properly afterwards! It seems that remapped engines do often smoke a bit more afterwards, so I wouldn't worry to much.

Paul? I could've sworn your name was Walter!! If I've been calling you by your wrong name, I do apologise!

regards

Sandra.

Hi Fhad you are correct my first name is walter but i prefer to use my middle name Paul sorry for the confusion
regards,wally lol.
i have just bought the fuel filter and i am going to have a go and fit it myself this thursday.
I got a shock at the price i paid for the Honda /Bosh filter from the main dealer £36. inc v.a.t I will update with the results to see if it cures my acceleration problem of cutting out under max load.
Paul.

Tempting, but I think it's a bad idea. You'd have to do this with the engine running in order to draw the cleaner in, a lot of it will simply be absorbed into the air filter, but what does get through will then be sucked in too quickly to have much benefit (and will certainly affect the running). You might actually succeed in cleaning the MAF sensor this way, but it's a bit wasteful. Better to remove a few components and clean it manually - and then all the ******* liberated can be thrown away, rather than put through your engine.

I wouldn't start cleaning things at random without a good reason, as I've seen a few threads where guys have failed to get the car put back together properly afterwards! It seems that remapped engines do often smoke a bit more afterwards, so I wouldn't worry to much.
Thanks for the advice Jon aprecciate it.