What's new

Accord 7th gen Lowering options

Well after months of research on what lowering kit to give my Accord, i have to decide on Bilstein B12 kit, or Tein Street Flex. My car is a 2007 2.4 Executive, and sits really high, higher than our 2.4 Type S. I am concerned the B12 won't drop it low enough to look just right. My other concern is with the Tein, is it a quality kit and will it ride as soft as the B12 on it;s lower settings? I am not looking at slamming the car but would like it lower the arch to tyre gap is about 90mm at the front and just less at the rear.Any views on this?

Tein Street flex have spring rates are 12/7 (F/R)...I do not know much about the Tein Street Flex (apart from costing over £1000), but from them spring rates I would say they are stiffer than the BC racing ones which a lot of people have on here as the Spring rates on those are 10/5. If you fancy saving some money and spending half the cost of those Teins and getting a top quality product with customer support from the UK, I would suggest taking a look at my Meister R group buy Meister R These have spring rates of 9/6 so will prob be a softer ride than the Teins aswell as being fully height adjustable and with 32 way dampening. If money is no object, then I have read some good reviews on the Bilstein but that is not a height adjustable solution.

I think member runs Teins on here, J4JAV and his car looks good and hugs the arches well

Well after months of research on what lowering kit to give my Accord, i have to decide on Bilstein B12 kit, or Tein Street Flex. My car is a 2007 2.4 Executive, and sits really high, higher than our 2.4 Type S. I am concerned the B12 won't drop it low enough to look just right. My other concern is with the Tein, is it a quality kit and will it ride as soft as the B12 on it;s lower settings? I am not looking at slamming the car but would like it lower the arch to tyre gap is about 90mm at the front and just less at the rear.Any views on this?

Well I put the equivalent of a B12 kit onto my 2.4 tourer (Bilstein shocks but H&R springs). I put a review up here that might help you http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/14422-review-accord-tourer-bilstein-b8s-and-hr-springs/

The obvious different being the rear shock setup is different between the saloon and tourer, though I'd imagine the B8's on the back will have the same effect. FWIW the B12 kit give about 30-35mm on the front and similar on the rear. I've 17" Penta on it and it looks fine to me.

<edit> Picture of the drop are here: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/13279-all-done-tourer-dropped/page__view__findpost__p__148221

7th gen A-Spec are discontinued. But contact Holdcroft Honda as they be able to track down some New-Old Stock.

Stevearcade said:
7th gen A-Spec are discontinued. But contact Holdcroft Honda as they be able to track down some New-Old Stock.
Thanks. Just emailed them

I have just bought Tein Super Street, £732 of awesomeness! Can either be OEM soft, or race hard! Fitted in 3hours, then adjusted to the perfect height in 1hour. :)

They are more than capable for anything the average user will throw at them, you only need to spend more if you plan on spending a lot of time on the track.

I've just bought a set of springs H&R for a Tourer, here is the previous car on which they were fitted. Do you think it sits too low, maybe more than 35mm? I'm planning on fitting them on my Type s, but it kinda seems too low (or too awesome?)

IMG-20150505-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20150505-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20150505-WA0003.jpg

ive got an accord 2008 facelift model, i can get hold of what the parts department at honda are saying is in the accesories section of parts for my car going by chassi number and theyre calling it sports suspension and saying it says 17" wheels max. got a part number 08w60-sea-601b.
is this what is known as the a-spec suspension?

2005 CL9 here, I just installed a TEIN Street Basis Z coilover system in to my car!

Wheels are 18x8 ET 40, 225/40 rubber

Lowering is around 25 mm in front, 20 mm in rear.

Before
EBOFtKg.jpg

After
YvlcsEC.jpg

Need some advice in subject I am not too clued up on, I have tourer 03 and use for work, as I carry heavy load of tools with makes back look lowered.
I wanted to update suspension so that when I place heavy loads the car will not drop also lower front and rear at same time would be a bonus is air suspension a good option or can I use other shocks and set up tension different in front and back ?

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

To do this, you would need a suspension setup that can "adjust" automatically to the loads - I don't know if this is available for the Accord.

I don't recommend that you have a static setup that is much stiffer at the rear (for planned) loads, as when unburdened they car will feel "funny"

jayok said:
To do this, you would need a suspension setup that can "adjust" automatically to the loads - I don't know if this is available for the Accord.

I don't recommend that you have a static setup that is much stiffer at the rear (for planned) loads, as when unburdened they car will feel "funny"
I have seen some shocks that can adjust to loads if I remember right they were air ones, should I just contact major shock manufacturers like eibach, Monroe ? Any others let me know thanks

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

I think you would be better fitting air springs rather than air shocks, the springs are the support the shocks only slow the movement of the oscillation down.
There are a number of air spring makers so it may be possible to get one to fit inside the stock spring and just pump it up when you are carrying loads.
If anyone knows the ID of the spring and approximate length it would be a case of matching up the size with an airspring.
Like these ones
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/air-60740/overview/year/2004/make/honda/model/odyssey

Reviving this old thread, as I have some questions for people that have gone the bilstein + eibach way.

For instance, I pulled the trigger this month on a set of the B12 pro kit and installed it last week on my accord.

Now all the shacking under braking, steering wooble are pretty much gone,and the feeling on the road is much better, for the most part...

High speed bumps are stabilized on much less time but, and while I knew the car would be a lot more stiffer, there seems to be something wrong with the rear.

Front is 100% what I expected.
However, rear schoks are constantly at bumpstops even with only the driver on the car and ~half the tank, whether it be at 10 or 100mph. It seems to also absorve much less than the front, and every little bump can be felt inside the cabin.

Does anyone of you guys share the same experience? Asking for ideas to make the situation better.

I started by replacing the rear and experienced what you described - I even said if the front behaved like the back it would kill the ride... I think what you're seeing is not the bump-stop but the result of a much stiffer rear suspension.

while kinda on the subject of the b12 kit, has anyone been able to source a kit for the tourer? because I can't, so the other option is to go with bilstein b6 and h&r lowering springs

edit: I have read jayok's review linked on page 2

I don't deny the stiffness jayok. But when it is stil hitting the bumpstops constantly. I think I will try to make them smaller over the weekend and see if a cm or 2 make a difference but I'm not enjoying it so far, as it's not very comfortable to ride with 5 people in the car.

I'm actually considering swapping the rear shocks to another brand, and I heard goo things about KYB. Does anyone have some feedback on them, or recommend something that would be in the middle of the bilstein/OEM?

It's a shame coilovers are not legal here.

SummonKnight said:
I don't deny the stiffness jayok. But when it is stil hitting the bumpstops constantly. I think I will try to make them smaller over the weekend and see if a cm or 2 make a difference but I'm not enjoying it so far, as it's not very comfortable to ride with 5 people in the car.

I'm actually considering swapping the rear shocks to another brand, and I heard goo things about KYB. Does anyone have some feedback on them, or recommend something that would be in the middle of the bilstein/OEM?
Hmm... something is not right. They shouldn't be hitting the bump-stops with just the car and driver in it. In my experience actually when I loaded the car with luggage and 5 people the suspension became more pliable.

Question - are you riding the bushings? i.e. was the suspension settled by the cars weight BEFORE the shock bolt was tightened. I've see it before where it is tightened in the air and then lowered onto the ground. The bushing becomes stressed and gives a "crashy" ride

Finally, are the springs right? This is where the bulk of the load sits.

Sounds like springs are either soft or cracked.
Springs carry the load, the shocks only really dampen the oscillation as the suspension compresses over bumps.
If the springs are weak or wrongly specced the car will ride low and hit the bump stops.

Thanks for the comments guys.
So the shock bolts were indeed thightned in the air, although to the correct spec. I guess I can loosen it and tight it again with the car on the ground, on all 4 corners just to be sure.

As to the springs, they seemed to be the correct ones, but I will look for part numbers and check again.

SummonKnight said:
I
I missed the KYB question - it's a middle of the road brand in my experience. Good for OEM replacement, but less interesting on the "high performance" stuff. I find Bilstein worth the extra $$$ at that point.

So now that we had a couple of days with good weather, I *finally* went outside and checked what was indeed mounted on the car.

After looking at the part numbers, all seems to be well specked for my CN1, with the springs turning in as the standard eibach pro-kit and the dampers being bilstein B6.

With more information gathered, Im considering swapping the rears for a set of B4 while keeping the front on B6s, although I am still doing a bit more research as I am still concerned over the constant bottoming I am experiencing.

Followup and final update on my problems, for any guys that are considering going this route with the bilsteins
After a few tries, I got a suggestion from a friend mechanic to get the struts tested on a independent shop, and it turned out that they were not properly set up and the rear ones were excessively charged.
Got in contact with supplier and got a replacement units, just as a caution they replaced all 4, and it's been 2k miles trouble free, even with full luggage and 5 adults in the car

Just realised this post started 10 years ago this month!! Feels like yesterday.