What's new

Accord Full LED Conversion - Bulb Guide - Courtesy of www.HorizonLEDs.co.uk

toffee_pie said:
the number plate bulbs, how to get them out and how many do i need?!

i know its a T10

ta!
Don't know if the saloon is any different but on my car the lenses just popped out with the help of a flat blade screwdriver, bulbs are a quick swap from that point. You need 2 bulbs.

^^

Correct, same with the saloon!

that is not much help guys.

Brett mentioned it a while ago, you need to prise off the plastic trim surround, that exposes the lights. The trim looks like a body panel but its plastic, same colour as the car.

this is for 7th gen saloon.

Hi guys

You forgot one light in your list. What about the ash tray light? Is that just another wedge connection, but go for a low wattage one so you don't blind yourself?

toffee_pie said:
that is not much help guys.

Brett mentioned it a while ago, you need to prise off the plastic trim surround, that exposes the lights. The trim looks like a body panel but its plastic, same colour as the car.

this is for 7th gen saloon.
I didn't need to do any of that, perhaps that's a saloon thing....

Just a gentle reminder, 15% off sale ends tonight...

Thanks

I'm planning ordering some LEDs sometime today.

I'm after sidelights for my 7gen, Main question that's probably already been answered, Are they legal?

And the centre interior light has stopped working so might aswell change that to LED while i'm at it.

Cheers.

Uncle_Gravy said:
I'm planning ordering some LEDs sometime today.

I'm after sidelights for my 7gen, Main question that's probably already been answered, Are they legal?

And the centre interior light has stopped working so might aswell change that to LED while i'm at it.

Cheers.
No legal worries with sidelights to my knowledge. As long as they work. I think the only other MOT requirement is they must work independently of the headlights, for some odd reason.

Does someone heard about relay for indicators instead of resistors? I have ordered 50w and 30W cree leds for indicators but resistors are going to get hot, so using relay would be better. I've seen some rated up to 150W but mine setup will be 160W in total. Also some have described current 0.2A-20A. Should I take leds' wattage as real load?

Hi there, did anyone tried removing that green insert in tail light where indicator bulb is? I bought some cree 50w leds 7440 but not from horizon leds, and they seem to be too long...
I think I have to order some from right place ;)

Hi Marcin,

We can swap for shorter bulbs.

P.S it will be faster if you send me a PM or email us at Info@HorizonLEDs.co.uk

Thanks,

Jav

MrNotEnglish said:
Does someone heard about relay for indicators instead of resistors? I have ordered 50w and 30W cree leds for indicators but resistors are going to get hot, so using relay would be better. I've seen some rated up to 150W but mine setup will be 160W in total. Also some have described current 0.2A-20A. Should I take leds' wattage as real load?
Check out this thread:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37691
We have the same relay in our Accords, so the same fix is needed. No more hot resistors ;)

Hey Guys & Girls,

Sorry its been a long time since we last posted on here, hope your all doing well! We now have the H1 Cree LEDs in stock and we have tested this model too. They were tested on a 2007 Honda Accord, which had the same issues as the Civic (the rather tight H1 bulb opening, which wouldn't allow previous H1 generations to be fitted). Here is the new range of the H1 LED Headlight kits which we now stock: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterior-leds/cree-led-headlights/h1-led-headlights-headlamps

Here is the bulb kit used in this test: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterior-leds/cree-led-headlights/h1-led-headlights-headlamps/h1-cree-led-headlight-kit-gen1

The difference between the two is firstly the design, the Generation 1 is a fan based kit and the Generation 3 is a copper heat dissipation belt based kit. The Generation 1 uses Cree LEDs and the Generation 3 uses Philips Lumileds, the brightness is the same for both and they both will fit the Civic.

Below you will see a video which we have made to show how they perform. Of course in reality these are much better, a video only can show a limited amount. The issue we had with these is that we cannot flash the main beam only without the dipped beam switching on too, seems most Honda's operate this way.

So we let the HIDs cool down fully hence why you can see the discoloured blue/purple startup effect as they start to warm up when we flash the main beam. The pure white is the main beam, further in the video you will see the distance these can reach when activated. The furthest sign post (black and white arrows on the roundabout) is just slightly over 0.4 miles according to the trip computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqTghPb1smM&feature=youtu.be

So in a nutshell although they are not extremely over powering as HIDs which used to be in the main beam, but they are purposeful as they can be used for flashing and there is no warm up time like HIDs, even the Fast Start HIDs we sell will not warm up quick enough to flash, something which a lot of drivers in the UK tend to use. Also when you use these to flash the LED driver does not get damaged over time like the HID Ballasts, so its an all round good product especially for those who want to match their main beams with their Xenon HID kit.

Now you may be wondering which one to go for, well the Generation 1 is only available in 5000K and the Generation 3 is available only in 6500K. Depending on your HID kit, you have a choice here, but if you have OEM factory fitted xenons then the 5000K is going to be the best match.

As always if you need any help or information, just let us know. For further enquires or order enquiries you will get a faster response from Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk, as we don't always monitor the forums as regular.

Currently at time of posting this we have stock of the Generation 1 H1 available, the Generation 3 does have some delays and is on pre order only. We will be getting this back into stock very soon, but please email us for a more accurate date as we are still taking pre orders for this as we speak.

Thanks for reading!

Horizon LEDs

Tried sending you a PM J4JAV but i can't?
So here we go:

Do you offer some sort of complete light package?
I want all my interior lights converted to LEDs
I want to have my low beam towards the 6000k look (white/blue)
My high beam is already 6000k look (philips h1 halogen)
All other exterior lights (excl sidemirrors and front and rear turnsignals) must look the same 6000k (white/blueish) look

Hi Jav,

Thanks for the write up. I've just installed some LED sidelights from Horizon. They look very nice indeed! I need to upgrade the dip beams too but I've seen conflicting advice about which type I need. I was just going to use bulbs and not upgrade to Xenon/HID.

Can you advise what type I need as I've seen H1 and HB4 fitment recommended.

Thanks

Jason

hi

after having the hids fitted for less than 4 months one is playing up, having to switch lights on and off several times before it switches on, have any of you guys had this problem?

I have swapped the units from side to side and its the same, just moving problem to left and right which would indicate not a problem with car wiring etc

getting a little frustrated now :-(

Darlog1 it's definitely inverter unit, you need to get new one. Check ebay, it depends on what set you have, but most of them have similar plugs and sockets.

Ok....so which bulb from the current range for my Accord sidelights.... So many bulbs, so little time :). pure white please 2004 csr