What's new

Accord PETROL Remap

Gov..glad you got the car back....kinda good service hey :D ...and have you taken off that tsx manifold and throttle body yet ;)....think it's gonna cause trouble.

on the rolling road settings....you shouldn't change the settings from how you set it when you did the original or it will skew the results and comparisons won't be fair.....what you can do is do a test with the settings that you had on the original time you did it and then if you can do a second run with Gunthers reccommendations ;)

as for the redline..you sure Gunther put it at 7800?

omg dan you're makin me think about scratchin this remap itch early now!

One thing though. Im not sure you're aware but the piston speed of a k24 at 7800rpm is comparable to a k20r at 8800rpm due to the massive stroke on the k24. I wouldnt be takin the stock engine that high in the revs buddy.

Alan, what is your redline set to.

This is becoming more and more tempting, might have to pop down and see Dan and request a test drive :D

omg dan you're makin me think about scratchin this remap itch early now!

One thing though. Im not sure you're aware but the piston speed of a k24 at 7800rpm is comparable to a k20r at 8800rpm due to the massive stroke on the k24. I wouldnt be takin the stock engine that high in the revs buddy.

factory rev limit on k24 7400 or 7600 depending on year , stock k20 is 8300 it may look like it on the rev counter but the true engine rpm is 8300 wich we increse to 8600 when tuned.

the stock k24 valve springs can cope with a higher rev limit but stock cam does not produce any more power after 7800 , but it is very safe

Al - ive definatly seen the needle buried in the red around 7800 though i have not bounced it off any limiters yet, and i will get them to do a run with the same settings for a comparison. The TSX TB and IM are staying on.. but im looking at induction options like the K&N CIS as Gunther suggested either removing the TSX stuff or go for a CAI when i picked it up.

Oz - do it, you know you want to..

And Dave your welcome buddy, drop me a PM or Txt and we can work something out,

cheers for the reassureance gunther!

Dan its more a question of when rather than if. I'm planning for the new year as i want my brembos on first, then i can get a manifold and exhaust + decat after my mot ;) . Maybe some dc5 cams and then the stage 2 remap hopefully :p

watch out on the DC5 cams, i read somwhere that while the vtec lobes are bigger than ours the the small lobes are smaller than ours, the stage II map may be able to compensate through timing changes to maintain torque and power lower down you might need a tunable EMS???, it might of been on the TSXclub or HONDATA web page, but i think power was lost under 4000rpm. Maybe skunk2 stage2 or blueprint stage 2 cams would be better?

cheers for the heads up dan, will look into that as i've plenty time yet :wacko:

watch out on the DC5 cams, i read somwhere that while the vtec lobes are bigger than ours the the small lobes are smaller than ours, the stage II map may be able to compensate through timing changes to maintain torque and power lower down you might need a tunable EMS???, it might of been on the TSXclub or HONDATA web page, but i think power was lost under 4000rpm. Maybe skunk2 stage2 or blueprint stage 2 cams would be better?

the stock ems has not got 50 deg cam angle window, best to go higher comp 11.7 you need higher comp to make use of larger cam profiles to get desired hp

would a thinner head gasket suffice gunther? Or would you really need high compression pistons, in that case im not really wanting to start on a full rebuild for the sake of some oem cams. Maybe later on lol.

would a thinner head gasket suffice gunther? Or would you really need high compression pistons, in that case im not really wanting to start on a full rebuild for the sake of some oem cams. Maybe later on lol.

stock gasket is 0.7mm next one sown is only 0.5mm so no real big gains

nae bother buddy, cheers for gettin back to me. Hope to see you in the 1st 1/4 of next year for my remap buddy :rolleyes:

Just a quick update for those fuel consumption consious among us - my normal troll back and forward between Huntingdon and Salisbury (mon-fri dual/single carriage A roads normal driving 60-70mph cruising and some occasional Vtec fun) my fuel consumption after 309.9 miles came in at 39.9mpg or 8.79 mile/lt, my previous best was 38.1mpg and saw fairly regular returns between 36-37mpg on the same run. i will update this at the end of the week to see if i get a similar return. its looking good so far as my trip says ive done 155 mile since filling up (zeroed at fill up) and the fuel guage reads a fraction under 1/4 used.

Dan, that sounds very promising indeed mate - good stuff :lol:

No not yet all still being tweaked so to speak.

no I've not done anything to it...just driving like normal for the past 9 months or so no problems, had a boroscope down the pistons a while ago and had the sparks out they're fine...but I've not used any supermarket fuel in it, probably time to see Gunther again and catch up..

yes please al. I'm still interested in this especially after your review of how you said it changes the power delivery and makes it more usable. Plus Govtec Dan says he loves his too and he's been ripping it about B)

sure do bud, and ive been having it up to 8k rpm on a reasonably regular basis B) and have not experienced any problems knocking or otherwise.

Is your crossover still as noticeable as before? Or is it more smoother due to the better power delivery?

i must admit after the map I have just been driving it, i haven't had much time to have it dynoed or messed with apart from that time i went with CJ. The crossover point on the 2.4 was never that noticeable but the lack of torque between 4.5K and 5.5K was....it just isn't now very linear and drives so much better...i still notice it now and have a nice warm feeling driving it!

it's been almost a year and 15K miles later..and in all honesty i think i would have sold it by now if it wasn't for the map..that's the difference it made for me :)

Hehe, I think ill be up for this once my brakes arrive from the other side of the world. Would've been sooner if I hadn't started messing about with the failed brembo project

I'll update my thread so not to take this one off topic too much

How do guys, just wondered if we can still get club discount on the remap from xo power, want to get my car remapped in the next 4 weeks, need to get manifold, sports cat and system on first though. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Wow! This sounds pretty damn good. Forget everything else I've been considering (for now ;) ). Save my money and drive up north for a remap. Worry about pretty cosmetic bits at a later stage. Although, if I imagine suspension upgrades would be pretty necessary.

:)

Go for it buddy