What's new

Accord Se Bose radio fault

aliandtone

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi All I'm new to this forum and got my first Honda 2 days ago, its a 2002 Accord se with bose radio cd system.
car is running good I think but got a problem with radio, it works fine for a while then pops and stops working on all speakers, head unit still works normally lights, display, controls just no sound! after a while it comes back on, there no apparent reason, nothing I do seams to affect it, it just does it when it wants to, some times it off for seconds and sometimes off for minutes, when driving, when on the drive, full volume , low volume. I was in the car trade for over 15 years but got out of it when computers took over in 1998 or so, I have a good general knowledge as I used to do body shells for a living on Hondas/Vauxhall/Fords/Land rovers/Rovers and Jaguars.

I'm presuming this might be an amp problem but cant find much on this bose system. many thank in advance for any help, cant live without a radio.

if this has been posted before I'm sorry could not find it.

Tony

Welcome to the forum Tony. Good to have you on board. Not sure about your stereo issue, but I'm sure the 6th gen boys will be along in a bit to advise.

Not too familiar with car stereos, does it happen when you playing just the radio? or just the CD? or both?

Hi Aliandtone,

I had the same problem with my Bose headunit, everytime it stopped for a few seconds I had to slam the dash to get it working again. Sometimes the sound cut was like 2 or 3 minutes. I don't exactly know what the source of the problem is, but the headunit tends to get really hot during play. I always figured it had something to do with that. Also I found the stereo very vulnerable to interference from mobile phones or other electronic devices.

After getting fed up with the headunit I replaced it with a aftermarket one. Speakers in the doors work fine, only no AMP and Sub from Bose anymore, I installed my own amp and subwoofer. :)

Hope it helps a bit!