Apex Lower Springs - 7th Gen Tourer

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
Hey guys,

Been running these for 18 months now. Though after a while they'd killed my shocks as the car got very noisy/rattly. But it was just my drop links :rolleyes: .

Drop is approximately 40mm front and rear. The ride is tighter and much more engaging. My mud guards scrape on speed bumps and I've occasionally caught my cat heat shield on brutal speed bumps too. But no damage has been done.

I highly recommend these to anyone looking for value for money lowering springs. In time I'll add Koni Adjustable Dampeners to my setup.

Best bang for buck mod I've done.

What a rasb? :blush:

Indeed. The tourer's different to saloon, and there is no after market option I've seen, so would need to have one made... Not sure I car that much.

Follow the link in signature buddy ;)

But just for you:

NewWheels_zpsa0763e99.jpg

I'll second your thoughts on the Apex springs, have them fitted to my Tourer and have been very pleased with them for the price. Picture of mine with them fitted.

That looks cool I don't like that colour normally, but those wheels and true stance makes it look awesome dude!

Stevearcade said:
That looks cool I don't like that colour normally, but those wheels and true stance makes it look awesome dude!
Thanks mate, I wasn't sure on the colour either when I first got it but it's amazing how lowering a bit a and some decent wheels can transform the look. Really liking yours as well, pretty sure I saw yours lowered and that convinced me to go for the Apex's.

Amen to that! Let's do a before and after with mine!

Before:
LoweredBefore.jpg
After:
NewWheels_zpsa0763e99.jpg

(helps that in the "after" photo the car is clean ;) )

Ah, I'm gonna add in my lowerer Tourer on H&R... :)

left-side_zps1c4273e3.jpg

Drops like this (I am so bad at photography)

drop_zps0c6ae565.jpg

150K miles - I doubt it. You'd benefit from just replacing the shocks alone!

I recommend that you budget in new shocks for this project.

One more on my tourer for apex springs, but only on front the whole set is A spec suspension but with front apex springs :)

This thread seems to be turning into a good "how members lowered their tourers" thread. Something greatly needed frankly as we all know the tourer looks better than the saloon, especially when lowered :p .

If you're reading this and you've lowered your tourer, stick a picture up here. :)

Stevearcade said:
This thread seems to be turning into a good "how members lowered their tourers" thread. Something greatly needed frankly as we all know the tourer looks better than the saloon, especially when lowered :p .

If you're reading this and you've lowered your tourer, stick a picture up here. :)
hmmm i dunno :p