What's new

broken down at side of road

John - hear you loud and clear, and also agree with your comments. I spoke to Jamie earlier and advised him the same thing.

John... we're all just working overtime hammering the point home!

I just have a nagging doubt about the fuel filter not being the only problem here. I think it's great that Jamie is getting himself an OBD2 reader and can monitor the situation if it happens again (which I strongly suspect it will).

^ Indeed.

Jon_G said:
John... we're all just working overtime hammering the point home!

I just have a nagging doubt about the fuel filter not being the only problem here. I think it's great that Jamie is getting himself an OBD2 reader and can monitor the situation if it happens again (which I strongly suspect it will).
Is this what I want? And do you know of any knocking around cheaper? Thanks http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-Civic-CR-V-Integra-OBDII-Diagnostic-Fault-Code-Scanner-Tool-OBD2-/221281156047?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3385627bcf

Jamie mate as the members have said do change it for a genuine part. These are the fussiest things about when it comes to fueling.
Personally I would go back to the mechanic and raise your concerns. It would of been cheaper to go main dealers.

Jamie, that's a very interesting looking scanner you've found... kind of half way between a Honda Diagnostic System and a basic OBD2 reader. Relatively expensive for a reader, but will apparently read all codes, not just engine ones.

If you want something cheaper - for reading engine codes only - then I previously mentioned the 'ELM327' Bluetooth OBD2 interface, but you would need an Android smartphone and the Torque app to go with it (wifi version for use with an Apple). I have a 'D900' standalone OBD2 reader that will also give real-time data, and there's a very basic 'U480' unit that will simply read and delete codes. All available on eBay.

TypeR said:
Jamie mate as the members have said do change it for a genuine part. These are the fussiest things about when it comes to fueling.
Personally I would go back to the mechanic and raise your concerns. It would of been cheaper to go main dealers.
OK

Jon_G said:
Jamie, that's a very interesting looking scanner you've found... kind of half way between a Honda Diagnostic System and a basic OBD2 reader. Relatively expensive for a reader, but will apparently read all codes, not just engine ones.

If you want something cheaper - for reading engine codes only - then I previously mentioned the 'ELM327' Bluetooth OBD2 interface, but you would need an Android smartphone and the Torque app to go with it (wifi version for use with an Apple). I have a 'D900' standalone OBD2 reader that will also give real-time data, and there's a very basic 'U480' unit that will simply read and delete codes. All available on eBay.
I don't have an Android unfortunately (just a blackberry). I searched for the D900, would this to the trick? Thanks http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D900-Canbus-OBD2-Live-PCM-Data-Diagnostic-Scan-Tool-Code-Reader-2012-Version-/271361321453?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3f2e6529ed

My D900 (2011 model) works fine with my Honda... reads and deletes all engine codes (explaining the generic ones in English, but not the Honda-specific ones) and also showing real-time data for things like MAF, MAP, temperature, etc. But won't do non-powertrain error codes (like ABS/VSA codes). I bought it from eBay... if you do buy one then make sure you get one with the carry case. Or get the cheaper U480 readers (will only read/delete engine codes) which are fairly popular.

I was actually quite impressed with the one you found on eBay, as it apparently reads all codes. But is quite expensive.

Jon_G said:
My D900 (2011 model) works fine with my Honda... reads and deletes all engine codes (explaining the generic ones in English, but not the Honda-specific ones) and also showing real-time data for things like MAF, MAP, temperature, etc. But won't do non-powertrain error codes (like ABS/VSA codes). I bought it from eBay... if you do buy one then make sure you get one with the carry case. Or get the cheaper U480 readers (will only read/delete engine codes) which are fairly popular.

I was actually quite impressed with the one you found on eBay, as it apparently reads all codes. But is quite expensive.
All right, thanks buying that £19 one now

Was doing about 70 last week and floored it in 4th, and it expereincied the jerky acceleration again. Decided to get the new fuel filter fitted this morning, which an indy did for £20 labour
As suspected the old filter was an unbranded part.

We will see over the next couple of weeeks if the fuel filter was just a red herring

Keep us posted and use this Indy from now on

Just an update to say it's been 3 weeks / 1000 miles since the fuel filter was changed, and had no probs, even under full throttle :)

Another problem solved with a genuine filter :)

I still feel peeved when I think of how much you paid that rip off garage!

F6HAD said:
Another problem solved with a genuine filter :)

I still feel peeved when I think of how much you paid that rip off garage!
Yeah, will always get a quote before a service in future

Jon_G said:
Brilliant!

Did your code reader turn up?
Yep got that a few weeks ago. It sits in the car with the 30 page manual printed out, in case of emergencies