What's new

Front grille Honda badge

kellgooner

Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Hi . does anybody know what's involved in removing the Honda badge on the front grille on type s and changing it to red one thanks

Grille needs to come out so you can get to the badge fixings off the back. Then its just a case of trying to remove the current fixings (I broke mine off when removing it) so you can push it out. Fairly easy.

Not sure if yours is a facelift or not but the diagram below is for the pre facelift but they are both pretty much the same anyway.

B__4501.jpg

Also the facelift EP3 Type R front badge is a direct replacement for both Accord specs.

Anyone ever seen the h badge in blue instead of the type r red? I've only seen smaller versions of it

I thought it was just a case of using dental floss and removing the tape off behind the badge? You don't need to take off or dismantle the whole grill do you?

Aidan, put some pics up after you have done it, I'm awaiting delivery for my badges so I can change them?

When I had my grill off it appeared that the H badge was held on by 2 studs pressed from behind, but I could be wrong

^ You're right. They're like little pressure clip things. Mine came off and I nearly lost my H badge. A few pence at Honda for the clips and order was restored to the universe. Simple fix, cheap parts.

On a similar note, I have just wrapped the chromed strips on my grille, in a carbon fibre look vinyl.

Quite straight forward job, the three chromed strips, (does that make my car a facelift?) and the H, can all be removed from the grille.

Then you just need the vinyl, £4 off ebay, a heat gun (hair drier will do), and lots of patience.

Very pleased with the result, as I think all that chrome is just too much.

I plasti-dipped mine. Really easy to do, not fiddly.
Also did the rear badges and window chrome.

Plasti dipping eh?

Never heard of it, have you got more info, or a link, as I still want to do something to my window surrounds, and my rear badges.