What's new

Grrr. Missed these wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one guys, a bit of calm...

Group hug everybody :D

:lol:
you mean those tyre sizes, you couldn't even get those right, so why should I have any faith in your ability to read a couple of books

and physics applies to everything, it is never irrelevant.
and clear off? no one likes a keyboard warrior

Steve, it was only a single run so wind could've been a factor, but the biggest factor appear to be that the tyres are a bit soft 30psi rear and 33 front, which you covered in incorrect pressures. I think we'll have more insight once Alan has pumped up the tyres a bit and done a few runs.

it could be tricky to tell in the immediate future though as the temps are due to plummet over the next week, well, up here anyway :(

Sam, kettle calling pan black :lol:
You don't half rattle your keyboard

As for tyre sizes, they came from Michelin web site

And Alan hasn't confirmed anything

Steve, you're spot on with all posts here, :lol:

Sam, you even argued with Steve :eek:

Yeah I got that ;) . By the time I typed my second response at the bottom of page 3, you two had both commented back with much lighter tones. I was clearly worrying about nothing ;) .

Still at least it's not a 60-40mpg drop, that would really cause a stir and some controversy. Perhaps the whole matter is a work of fiction :p :lol:

Just for the record

0045.jpg

And Sam, Automotive Engineering and a background designing and commissioning engine test beds in the 80's is a lot more than school physics.

You know, you could always forget your MPG woes and take a leaf out of this guy's books. He modded his Civic quite nicely, don't you think?

CivicwithMadWheels.jpg

Doesn't look like he's too worried about tyre pressure though :unsure:

how did i argue with him? I gave a lbit of info and quoted what Alan has confirmed, his tyres are soft. I stated a fact that we will know more when alan has pumped up the tyres and done a few runs as we will then have an average mpg and not a single run figure which could be affected by weather

Steve himself stated that soft tyres could be an issue, i confirmed that this was the case. Steve then reaffirmed my point about the weather by stating himself that a strong headwind ffor an hour woudl affect a single run. I dont see any arguing there. I see a couple a couple of people providing supporting information.

Michelin website - not relevant as those tyre sizes are not what honda provide on the car

that would be pot calling kettle black (another one you couldn't get right) :p

(note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience) :lol: :lol:

^ image not shown ??

but seriously, I hate argunents, I really do, but I don't like a 3rd party wading into something that was going to die out quite quickly

i.e. the rule in this forum seems to be (and it's a rule I adopt), if two people disagree, don't wade in. By all means try to calm it down as Jon and Steve did, but don't get involved.

You know, you could always forget your MPG woes and take a leaf out of this guy's books. He modded his Civic quite nicely, don't you think?

Honda+civic+monster+truck_51898d_3805997.jpg

Doesn't look like he's too worried about tyre pressure though :unsure:

damn, picture no worky for me :(

Ok, I've saved it to my photobucket and re uploaded it. How's that?

:eek: thats pretty crazy. good access to do an oil change too

Good. Now some humour's been brought into the discussion. Let's all call it a night and go to bed. We've got work in the morning and arguing about rolling mass isn't worth staying up late for :lol:

Sam, I do have to say, you really are a wind-up merchant calling me a keyboard warrior when you've been posting like crazy in this thread.

I don't take kindly to anything you've done in this thread. I have not had any meeting with you in any thread previous to this, and I get the impression that you are wet behind the ears on the things you've been saying.

And does it really matter that I went to the Michelin website, and I don't actually know what year Alan's car is.

And here is what you said to Steve
Steve, it was only a single run so wind could've been a factor,

Whay even bother when he was trying to calm it down ??

and this when he was trying to calm it down....
that would be pot calling kettle black (another one you couldn't get right) :p

(note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience) :lol: :lol:

Good. Now some humour's been brought into the discussion. Let's all call it a night and go to bed. We've got work in the morning and arguing about rolling mass isn't worth staying up late for :lol:
Sorry Steve, but I'm not happy with Sam.

Sam does not relaise that some people talk "behind the scenes". I have done so humourously with Alan and Jon and you and others. But I have had no previous dealings with Sam, so I don' t know why he waded in to the middle of others' banter.

Thanks for calming it down though, what you have written in the posts in this thread is perfect.

Good call Steve, take it easy dude

Brian, we could keep this going all night long if you want. but i dont think that will do either of us any good.

Alan posted a pic of the car with the wheels, its the same shape as your tourer, so you should have known what gen it was. (just realised that this could be construed as me calling you an idiot, not meant like that, meant in a light hearted joky way)
The post to Steve was simply pointing out that we dont have an average of multiple runs yet, we only have the mpg from a single run. Steve had kindly typed out a long post to Alan with a multitude of things it could be. Once we have an average from a number of runs, this will be more insightful. It was not, and nor was it meant as an argumentative post.

You have stated about the note to self. I ask you this then. Why bother stating about so many years of experience and school physics when you have no idea what i do, or what i actually know about physics. It was a character attack, you dish it out you need to learn to take it back.

I'm not happy with you either. I merely added my comments to a discussion that had points that supported some of what Alan said, and also some of the points you had made. I then get attacked by you. The threads are on this board for all to comment, if you want to have banter that no one else comments on then might i suggest the the banter is conducted behind the scenes where others are unable to comment.
In any case I held out an olive branch earlier in the thread and you threw it back in my face. are you going to do that again? or will we agree to disagree?

The typed word lacks 2 things: body language and facial expressions, arguably the most important aspects of human interaction. Sometimes arguments happen on forums where no ill feeling was originally intended.

Lets put this all down to misinterpretation and/or misunderstanding.

I'm sure some others will help bring this back on topic tomorrow. In the mean time, might I suggest this one be left alone before it gets the attention of moderation.

Peace out and play nice. I'm off to bed, it's a school night :lol: . See you all in the morning.

:)

The typed word lacks 2 things: body language and facial expressions, arguably the most important aspects of human interaction. Sometimes arguments happen on forums where no ill feeling was originally intended.
couldn't agree more
Lets put this all down to misinterpretation and/or misunderstanding.

I'm sure some others will help bring this back on topic tomorrow. In the mean time, might I suggest this one be left alone before it gets the attention of moderation.

Peace out and play nice. I'm off to bed, it's a school night :lol: . See you all in the morning.

:)

I'm cool with that. take it easy guys, you too brian

Good call Steve, take it easy dude

Brian, we could keep this going all night long if you want. but i dont think that will do either of us any good.

Alan posted a pic of the car with the wheels, its the same shape as your tourer, so you should have known what gen it was. (just realised that this could be construed as me calling you an idiot, not meant like that, meant in a light hearted joky way)
The post to Steve was simply pointing out that we dont have an average of multiple runs yet, we only have the mpg from a single run. Steve had kindly typed out a long post to Alan with a multitude of things it could be. Once we have an average from a number of runs, this will be more insightful. It was not, and nor was it meant as an argumentative post.

You have stated about the note to self. I ask you this then. Why bother stating about so many years of experience and school physics when you have no idea what i do, or what i actually know about physics. It was a character attack, you dish it out you need to learn to take it back.

I'm not happy with you either. I merely added my comments to a discussion that had points that supported some of what Alan said, and also some of the points you had made. I then get attacked by you. The threads are on this board for all to comment, if you want to have banter that no one else comments on then might i suggest the the banter is conducted behind the scenes where others are unable to comment.
In any case I held out an olive branch earlier in the thread and you threw it back in my face. are you going to do that again? or will we agree to disagree?
It doesn't look same shape as my Tourer.

You post was a continuation when Steve wanted to call a halt to it.

If you know about Physics, you think you know what you are talking about, and that is the heart of the problem. Honestly Sam, you are getting some things mixed up. What Steve has written, is a perfect way of stating the way it is. It's an anecdotal story without rigour, and when rigour is applied (see my "Lesson 1 and Lesson 2", then there is no base for Alan's or your thesis.

Your comments that you added, were just more confirmation of Alan's pseduoscience i.e. "heavier wheels" etc etc ... see my "lesson 2"

I never saw an Olive branch, I saw a "keyboard warrior" (to quote you).

"Agree to disagree" has no meaning. We disagree, there is no agreement, but I agree with the way Steve has stated it, and I also agree with his sentiment.

sigh, i give up. i tried to offer an olive branch again (see post 47 for the first one), and you even had to be pedantic with that, its a figure of speech.

do you agree that we both have differing views here and continued arguing overit is not going to do either of us any good? And we can leave it at that?

Well it all started quite normally with me saying "love the looks, but me old mpg has dropped! Oh well, never mind", and then me defending myself from 'Adolf the Mad Expert Sscientist' who insisted I was imagining things.
Then dear old Sam comes up with the possible soultion, one that Adolf - the Expert Scientist who leaves no stone unturned in his quest for a solution - had missed. The Tyre pressures!! :D

So...lets up the pressure and see what happens chaps.

Sam, I'm not being pedantic, I just don't see any olive branches from you.

If you want to learn (and I'm not being patronising btw), see this thread that I posted back in March.

There are several spreadsheets on a Google docs, all of them are my own creation. There is a link to one of the spreadsheets in that post. The maths is mine too, you won't find it on the internet.

oh no, Alan i'll agree with the last sentence in this instance and i'm staying out of any arguments

Brian, my post said that it was to stop any argument and made a joke about mpg with that 1500bhp venom, next post from you is going off on one with physics not being relevant and continuing the argument. If you cant see that i was trying to change the tone then i'm not sure what else would have.

Well it all started quite normally with me saying "love the looks, but me old mpg has dropped! Oh well, never mind", and then me defending myself from 'Adolf the Mad Expert Sscientist' who insisted I was imagining things.
Then dear old Sam comes up with the possible soultion, one that Adolf - the Expert Scientist who leaves no stone unturned in his quest for a solution - had missed. The Tyre pressures!! :D

So...lets up the pressure and see what happens chaps.
Oi ****** off Alan, you're resorting to real Troll tactics now.

Tyre pressures are part of rolling resistance dumbo ...... they affect the coefficient. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it :lol:

alan ... did you confirm the tyres that you have on the 18" and the 16" .... or is that too much for you :lol:

Sam, I'm not being pedantic, I just don't see any olive branches from you.

If you want to learn (and I'm not being patronising btw), see this thread that I posted back in March.

There are several spreadsheets on a Google docs, all of them are my own creation. There is a link to one of the spreadsheets in that post. The maths is mine too, you won't find it on the internet.

Brian, post 47 said that it was to stop any argument and made a joke about mpg with that 1500bhp venom, next post from you is going on with physics not being relevant and continuing the argument. Surely you can see the attempt at changing the tone and taking it away from the argument? But as Steve pointed out, it can be difficult to judge written word

thats why i've said it might be best to agree that we have differing view on this

and that pic, it certainly would :lol:
(aww damn, we agreed on something :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.